Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-20-2018, 07:22 PM   #466
ItalianUruguayan
Connoisseur
ItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo HD
sergeyvl12, would it be possible to have another keyboard on the Konsole app? I like to use command line apps from there, but it lacks some symbols like > and < that would be really useful to me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
ItalianUruguayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:08 AM   #467
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianUruguayan View Post
sergeyvl12, would it be possible to have another keyboard on the Konsole app? I like to use command line apps from there, but it lacks some symbols like > and < that would be really useful to me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Hi!

You can make your own keyboard or just replace some symbols. Please look at "eu.kbd". There are pairs or characters. You can replace everything you want in the "EN" and "EU" sections.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2018, 02:08 AM   #468
ItalianUruguayan
Connoisseur
ItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneItalianUruguayan makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Hi!

You can make your own keyboard or just replace some symbols. Please look at "eu.kbd". There are pairs or characters. You can replace everything you want in the "EN" and "EU" sections.
Thanks a lot!
Old 03-22-2018, 02:43 AM   #469
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sources at bitbucket.org

Hi!

Now all my open source applications are at bitbucket.org!

1. Open source applications, drivers, scripts, etc

2. My fork of Cool Reader engine

The sources are always UP TO DATE because I work directly with these repositories.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:32 PM   #470
ItalianUruguayan
Connoisseur

sergeyvl12,

I have to report that I am also experiencing problems when closing KoboLauncher on the 3.15.0 firmware. When I hit the button to return to nickel, the reader freezes.

I have the "nickel" file placed on the vlasovsoft folder, but it still doesn't work.

Last edited by ItalianUruguayan; 03-22-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Advert
Old 03-22-2018, 01:52 PM   #471
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
sergeyvl12,

I have to report that I am also experiencing problems when closing KoboLauncher on the 3.15.0 firmware. When I hit the button to return to nickel, the reader freezes.

I have the "nickel" file placed on the vlasovsoft folder, but it still doesn't work.
Direct return to nickel is not supported any more. They change scripts (for running nickel) every firmware and I can't do the same every time.

Sorry.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:57 PM   #472
ItalianUruguayan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Direct return to nickel is not supported any more. They change scripts (for running nickel) every firmware and I can't do the same every time.

Sorry.
sergeyvl12

Thanks a lot for your response. Would it be possible for me to find an old (2015) version of pbchess? Even if the app has less features than the current one, it would be nice to be able to return to nickel without having to reboot.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:48 PM   #473
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
sergeyvl12

Thanks a lot for your response. Would it be possible for me to find an old (2015) version of pbchess? Even if the app has less features than the current one, it would be nice to be able to return to nickel without having to reboot.
Probably you don't understand me. I didn't remove this code for running nickel from launcher.sh and run_nickel.sh. The run_nickel.sh stopped working after new Kobo firmware release about 1 year ago. And I didn't update run_nickel.sh since that time because I don't use nickel at all.

The 2015 version will not work also. The only chance if someone else update run_nickel.sh and keep it up to date each Kobo firmware release.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #474
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
The only chance if someone else update run_nickel.sh and keep it up to date each Kobo firmware release.
Or downgrade Kobo firmware.

From my side, as I don't use nickel at all, I don't bother with Kobo's firmware at all and just enjoy their hardware.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:59 PM   #475
ItalianUruguayan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Probably you don't understand me. I didn't remove this code for running nickel from launcher.sh and run_nickel.sh. The run_nickel.sh stopped working after new Kobo firmware release about 1 year ago. And I didn't update run_nickel.sh since that time because I don't use nickel at all.

The 2015 version will not work also. The only chance if someone else update run_nickel.sh and keep it up to date each Kobo firmware release.
I see, thanks a lot I'll see if I can do something to make it work, but probably I will not be able to achieve that (since my programming knowledge is close to zero) but you never know.

The new versions of KoboLauncher work well on newer firmwares, though. This starts to give this problem when you go below 3.16.0.

Last edited by ItalianUruguayan; 03-22-2018 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:53 PM   #476
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
I see, thanks a lot I'll see if I can do something to make it work, but probably I will not be able to achieve that (since my programming knowledge is close to zero) but you never know.

The new versions of KoboLauncher work well on newer firmwares, though. This starts to give this problem when you go below 3.16.0.
In run_nickel.sh there is
Code:
if [ -f /usr/local/Kobo/sickel ];
then
    /usr/local/Kobo/sickel -platform kobo:noscreen $@
fi
sickel was introduced later than 3.15.0. If you downgraded to 3.15.0 without doing a factory reset, /usr/local/Kobo/sickel is still at your device, and will therefore be executed (which very likely causes a problem). So you can try to delete the file sickel or to modify the code to the effect that sickel is only called if the firmware is higher than 3.15.0.

Last edited by tshering; 03-22-2018 at 04:57 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:49 AM   #477
ItalianUruguayan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
In run_nickel.sh there is
Code:
if [ -f /usr/local/Kobo/sickel ];
then
    /usr/local/Kobo/sickel -platform kobo:noscreen $@
fi
sickel was introduced later than 3.15.0. If you downgraded to 3.15.0 without doing a factory reset, /usr/local/Kobo/sickel is still at your device, and will therefore be executed (which very likely causes a problem). So you can try to delete the file sickel or to modify the code to the effect that sickel is only called if the firmware is higher than 3.15.0.
Thanks, tshering You are right, I had the sickel binary on the /usr/local/Kobo folder. However, after deleting it pbchess keeps behaving strangely It does not remember the light level I used the last time I opened it, and it keeps crashing once I hit the return button, even when deleting the lines that call the run_nickel.sh script. After doing that, pbchess should run the "reboot" command, but it also doesn't work. However, the reboot command works if I type it into the Konsole, so it should work.

I downgraded to pbchess 2015 and it works fine. It lacks some new apps, like the Konsole, so if any of you knows any other terminal emulator for the Kobo, please, let me know. I will try to find a solution for this later today.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:39 PM   #478
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Comfort light support

Comfort light support for Aura One and Aura H2O2 is added to version 2018.03.23.

Please try.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kc6ps22yi...NHWNkt9La?dl=0
Old 04-01-2018, 04:00 PM   #479
ItalianUruguayan
Connoisseur

sergeyvl12

Another question. Is it possible to change the font used by Konsole? I don't know why, but it seems like ascii art gets crippled by the default font. Thanks and sorry for the disturbance.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:28 PM   #480
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
sergeyvl12

Another question. Is it possible to change the font used by Konsole? I don't know why, but it seems like ascii art gets crippled by the default font. Thanks and sorry for the disturbance.
Probably I should use the fixed width font. Will be done in the next build.