Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #256
matteo_dm
matteo_dm began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800
Thank you very much for such fast reply!

It was late in the night and it didn't come to my mind, to try with live cd I thought that I had been missing something and the whole operation is possible in new Fedora, but I just didn't install required packages.

I will find and older cd image and try. Thanks for helping!
matteo_dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #257
matteo_dm

I managed to install DR800+ and I must admit it's very interesting and new functions are really very usable. I really wish they developed those functions in original firmware.

Although it's great, I found it rather unstable It freezes my device often. I generally read pdf's and device freezes sometimes when flipping pages or just opening a pdf book... Everytime it occurs, I need to "reset" device by keeping on/off switch for about 5 seconds and wait another 1-2 minutes when it's refreshing...
Advert
Old 02-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #258
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo_dm View Post
[...]Although it's great, I found it rather unstable It freezes my device often.[...]
I find it about as [un]stable as the original firmware, i.e. no difference in stability, but big improvements in functionality, same as you see. I run DR800+ on top of firmware 2.0rc3 -- what version were you using when you installed DR800+?
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #259
matteo_dm

Same as you - 2.0rc3.
In my case there is noticeable difference in stability, but anyway I prefer DR800+ for it's improved features which are absolutely great. I just have to get over occasionally freezes.
I just wanted to know if I am the only one who notice/have this problem or it's common.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #260
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Same as you - 2.0rc3.
In my case there is noticeable difference in stability, but anyway I prefer DR800+ for it's improved features which are absolutely great. I just have to get over occasionally freezes.
I just wanted to know if I am the only one who notice/have this problem or it's common.
Hi,

don't know if there are more people with freeze problems, but you are the only one who mention it here.

Best regard,
Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2013, 12:57 AM   #261
emav
emav began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800S
No actual difference noted on my part between original firmware and Iņigo's extended version as far as stability is concerned. Of course, if I open quite a few documents, the device might freeze but that's normal, I suppose, due to the limited amount of memory it comes with.

Anyway, once more, thank you, Iņigo, for making this device really worth using.
emav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:54 AM   #262
matteo_dm

Maybe that's because I use only PDF files - they are probably more "challenging" for a memory, buffer or something else. I'm aware of this and I don't keep in task more than one open file at same time.

Anyway I'm not going to complain about DR800+. It's really great job!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:38 AM   #263
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Maybe that's because I use only PDF files - they are probably more "challenging" for a memory, buffer or something else. I'm aware of this and I don't keep in task more than one open file at same time.

Anyway I'm not going to complain about DR800+. It's really great job!
Half of the work is based on Mackx's DR1000 extensions ;-)
Old 04-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #264
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I am late in the party as I only recently installed Linux on one of my computers and was able to retrieve the dr1000 file. But even if it is late: many many thanks for this port!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:16 AM   #265
javifields
Enthusiast
javifields began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR800S
Hi all,
I see in https://www.wuala.com/wpauli71/iRex%...y=hzy7DBCsMZqH
that there was an RC4 for DR800S (update-dr800s-rc4new.zip).
Does anybody know if DR800+ can be installed on that RC4?
Thank you in advance.
javifields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #266
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by javifields View Post
Hi all,
I see in https://www.wuala.com/wpauli71/iRex%...y=hzy7DBCsMZqH
Does anybody know if DR800+ can be installed on that RC4?
Thank you in advance.
It shouldn't be any problem if you do it in the proper way:
1. uninstall dr800+
2. upgrade firmware
3. reinstall dr800+

Be in mind that steps 1 &2 could delete DR1000 uds so back up everything before.

Iņigo
Old 04-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #267
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by javifields View Post
I see [...]
Where did you find about it? That wasn't even published in iRex's now defunct beta repository
(http://updates.irexnet.com/beta/)
Old 04-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #268
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWarper View Post
Where did you find about it? That wasn't even published in iRex's now defunct beta repository
(http://updates.irexnet.com/beta/)
From this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209449
Old 04-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #269
MrWarper
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
From this thread: [...]
A huge thanks, Íņigo! iRex threads are quite quiet lately, so I mostly check the forum when my subscribed threads are bumped and I am likely to miss on stuff like this for a while... ; (
Old 04-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #270
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWarper View Post
A huge thanks, Íņigo! iRex threads are quite quiet lately, so I mostly check the forum when my subscribed threads are bumped and I am likely to miss on stuff like this for a while... ; (

PS: please, Iņigo, not Íņigo

Tags
dr800+