Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 08:22 AM   #1
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Personal Study

So I have to do a short personal study on a novel of my choice for next week, it can be any novel whatsoever but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for novels that are well known? I was planning on doing Empire of the Sun by J.G. Ballard but I can't find it in eBook format so that's out. I'm now thinking about Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, would anyone recommend it. I've done more or less the same thing before on The Hobbit and Animal Farm.

Last edited by seagull; 03-07-2011 at 07:16 AM.
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
"Anthem," by Ayn Rand.

"The Pearl," by John Steinbeck

"The Old Man and the Sea," by Ernest Hemingway

"The Red Pony," by John Steinbeck

"How to Kill Things," by Zastoyouass Zastor---- Ooppps, sorry. Wrong thread. That one belongs in the Zombie Forum.

Don

P.S.: I misread your post, and thought you wanted short novels.

I do recommend "Atlas Shrugged," by Ayn Rand. Some people love it; some people hate it.

It's long, so be prepared to read....and read.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-29-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert