Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-20-2009, 04:51 AM   #1
Kirari
Obsessed
Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Red Sony PRS-505
Talking It's arrived!!

My 505 arrived today and she is pure love The red is so much more attractive in person hehe.

Watching her charge as I post (much like watching grass grow but so much more exciting! )

Just had to share my excitement (x10!) and can't wait to get my read on!
Kirari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:36 AM   #2
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Yay! Congrats kirari on your new 505! Is it still charging? Let us know how you get on with it.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2009, 07:33 AM   #3
Kirari
Obsessed
Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks to everyone, couldn't have done it without you guys are Mobileread, what with all the facts and personal views to help me make my decision

Yep I'll be going into hibernation for awhile... see you guys at the next red moon! hehe (jks)

I am muchos impressed by the 505, not a single regret with my choice and reading manga on it is flawless to me! even my dad is highly impressed by it and wouldn't stop being grabby with it to have (many a) look at it.

It was probably a mistake to put his Hitler moves East, 1941 book on it -_-'
Old 05-20-2009, 07:36 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
congratulations ! i hope you can get it away from your dad long enough to have a good reading session ! enjoy it ! (i get the feeling there will soon be TWO sonys at your house... )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:36 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Kirari, congrats on your new obsession, er, Sony 505. I think the longest hour of my life was waiting for my new 505 to charge up right after I bought it. Be sure and let us know how you like it.

Been to Perth a time or two. Lovely place although I mainly remember drinking too much of a product called Matilda Bay Bitter. Actually what happened was I was there right after you lot had won the America's Cup. So I walked into a pub and announced that, in winning the America's Cup, you'd, consequently, won America. And we like breakfast at 8:00, if you please. After that, I couldn't buy a beer.

Last edited by MickeyC; 05-20-2009 at 06:24 PM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2009, 08:13 AM   #6
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Congratulations! It will only get better from now on - as long as you get the chance to use it.
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #7
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
Congratulations! Your gonna LOVE it!!!
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #8
Vanquiz
Vanquiz began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
You're reading manga too on your PRS-505, ahhhh, we're brothers (wait, or bro and sis o.O)

What do you use for manga, I use Manga2Ebook, what a great tool.
Vanquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #9
kurochka
your neighbor
kurochka began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500 lost (if you found it, I hope you enjoy it); DX on preorder
Congratulations from me as well! I have lost (or possibly somebody helped me lose it) my PRS-500 and the life is not the same. I decided to wait for the new DX and it's way too long.

You sound like you would give a name for your 505. If so, what is it? :P
kurochka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #10
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
I've had mine for a month now. Yesterday I drove by a used book store I used to frequent and had no urge to stop.

Enjoy!
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #11
Pangolyn
Enthusiast
Pangolyn began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by no.guru View Post
I've had mine for a month now. Yesterday I drove by a used book store I used to frequent and had no urge to stop.
That's the worst problem--I visit bookstores with my family and friends, find books to buy, but just can't bring myself to buy paper books any more!
Pangolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #12
Pangolyn
Enthusiast
Pangolyn began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirari View Post
My 505 arrived today and she is pure love The red is so much more attractive in person hehe.

Watching her charge as I post (much like watching grass grow but so much more exciting! )

Just had to share my excitement (x10!) and can't wait to get my read on!
The red one looks great. I got a 700 and was disappointed it only came in Model-T Black. Not to start a rant thread but even though I have the 700 the 505 is clearly easier to read. Not regretting my decision, just supporting yours. Welcome to the club!
Pangolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #13
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
YAY!!! Have fun reading!! I have had my 505 for almost 2 months now, and am just finishing my 4th book. Sadly, this hasn't stopped me from buying paperback books. But, in time I'm sure it will.

Maybe your dad needs a reader too!!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #14
Kirari
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanquiz View Post
You're reading manga too on your PRS-505, ahhhh, we're brothers (wait, or bro and sis o.O)

What do you use for manga, I use Manga2Ebook, what a great tool.
Yaayy! I stayed up last night (which was a bad idea considering it's hard to get out of bed in this cold weather as it is) reading manga

I just use the comic2lrf function from Calibre but I will take a look at Manga2Ebook if that does bulk conversions!

Thanks "Onii-chan"
Old 05-20-2009, 09:14 PM   #15
Kirari
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurochka View Post
Congratulations from me as well! I have lost (or possibly somebody helped me lose it) my PRS-500 and the life is not the same. I decided to wait for the new DX and it's way too long.

You sound like you would give a name for your 505. If so, what is it? :P
I do like to name my gadgets :P umm probably Aka (red in japanese) how original right!