Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-08-2016, 12:00 AM   #1
Freedomland
Enthusiast
Freedomland began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen 2021
Anyway to get a Kindle PW3-2015 to Collections WITHOUT Jailbreaking?

the title says it all. I'm not comfortable with hacking my PW3. I've a LOT of books on it as well as a lot of collections. the PW3 is running 5.8.5.0.2. . With all you cool geniuses on here.. can't one of you figure an easy to manage books and collections on a newer kindle without jailbreaking it??

also side note.. one of my collections (btw 98% of all my books are side loaded) designated by the Author's non series books.. whenever I disconnect from the computer or calibre.. one book drops out. (the collection has 15 books. yet after I unplug it.. it becomes 14) The book is still on the kindle just not in the collection. Weird rt?

any help with either issue?

Rob
Freedomland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:18 PM   #2
Freedomland
Enthusiast

Bueller? Bueller?
Sorry I was hoping I might get a reply on this.
Any easier way to manage collections without Jailbreaking?? Right now I'm using a plugboard entry which set up the files to put into a collection (again.. 99% of my books are side loaded onto the Kindle Pw3-2015) Makes it a little easier but I still have a lot of collections (usually by author or series name (ex: The Well World has all of Jack L Chalker's Well World books)
Thanks again
Advert
Old 12-20-2016, 11:39 AM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomland View Post
Bueller? Bueller?
Sorry I was hoping I might get a reply on this.
Any easier way to manage collections without Jailbreaking?? Right now I'm using a plugboard entry which set up the files to put into a collection (again.. 99% of my books are side loaded onto the Kindle Pw3-2015) Makes it a little easier but I still have a lot of collections (usually by author or series name (ex: The Well World has all of Jack L Chalker's Well World books)
Thanks again
The geniuses found a workaround for collections I.e jailbreak.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:44 PM   #4
Freedomland
Enthusiast

nice geniuses. But evidently before the change from Amazon.. it was possible to organize collections without jailbreaking. I know since the newer firmware that has changed. But I've got a bad habit of somehow bricking things.. and I really don't want to risk "ëffing"it up. So why not some new software that can figure out exactly what Amazon did do?
Old 12-25-2016, 08:30 PM   #5
higgs
Connoisseur
higgs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicing

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomland View Post
nice geniuses. But evidently before the change from Amazon.. it was possible to organize collections without jailbreaking. I know since the newer firmware that has changed. But I've got a bad habit of somehow bricking things.. and I really don't want to risk "ëffing"it up. So why not some new software that can figure out exactly what Amazon did do?
Or you could persuade Amazon to improve their software. I tend to just vote with my money and buy the product that meets my needs 😀

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
higgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert