Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-05-2016, 12:01 AM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Glowlight Plus Sideloaded Books and Shelves

I managed to create a folder called Books on my wife's Nook Glowlight+. All the ePubs I put in there now show up as "books" instead of my "My Files." I even have the option to add them to shelves.

The only problem is, even though I can add them to shelves, the shelves show 0 books. If I try and add the book to the shelf again, it tells me that the book has already been added to the shelf.

This is beyond frustrating and is making me seriously consider looking at what eReaders treat all content the same.

Anyone find a way to add sideloaded books to shelves?
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:26 AM   #2
phardy
phardy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Nook Glowlight Plus, Kobo Forma
It looks as if this has been fixed in the Version 45.1.24_user update. After side-loading books into NOOK/Books via Calibre, I was able to create a shelf and add 14 books to the shelf, some from B&N and some from other bookstores.
phardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2016, 12:05 AM   #3
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
It still was not working for me. I ended up wiping the nook and resetting to factory defaults and then copying all the books back over via Calibre into the Books folder. Now I can group them into shelves.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote