Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-19-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Unhappy Broken screen with Naeb Gen3?

Got what appears to be either a broken screen or a damaged screen controller. My gen3 worked fine on Friday night when I set it down beside the bed. Saturday morning, when I turned it on there were lines all over the screen, no usable display at all. I could tell the screen was flashing, as different patterns of lines were displayed, but nothing looked readable. power off did not completely blank the screen.

This problem seems similar to both one described here that turned out to be a broken substrate, and one that turned out to be a broken controller chip. There was no physical trauma between working and not working, nothing hitting it, didn't drop it, didn't poke it with anything, no exposure to moisture etc. If this was caused by physical damage (as opposed to electrical damage, like a chip burning out), then I have no idea what motion could have caused the damage.

I got mine from the first batch of Naeb gen3s. If needed I can take some pictures to post.

1. Anyone got a better idea what went wrong?
2. Do I send this back to Naeb or Bookeen?

Roger
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:45 PM   #2
tzutolin
Connoisseur
tzutolin began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqref View Post
Got what appears to be either a broken screen or a damaged screen controller. My gen3 worked fine on Friday night when I set it down beside the bed. Saturday morning, when I turned it on there were lines all over the screen, no usable display at all. I could tell the screen was flashing, as different patterns of lines were displayed, but nothing looked readable. power off did not completely blank the screen.

This problem seems similar to both one described here that turned out to be a broken substrate, and one that turned out to be a broken controller chip. There was no physical trauma between working and not working, nothing hitting it, didn't drop it, didn't poke it with anything, no exposure to moisture etc. If this was caused by physical damage (as opposed to electrical damage, like a chip burning out), then I have no idea what motion could have caused the damage.

I got mine from the first batch of Naeb gen3s. If needed I can take some pictures to post.

1. Anyone got a better idea what went wrong?
2. Do I send this back to Naeb or Bookeen?

Roger
Hi Roger,

1. I haven't received my Cybook hence I can't give you any advice.
2. As far as I know, NAEB is neither responsible nor authorized to fix the device. So it would better for you to send to Bookeen directly.

Thanks & Regards,
David
tzutolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert