Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
meurglys0
meurglys0 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is removing DRM from PDF files traceable?

Hi.

I've access to a private library that requires the subscription via my school etc. I have downloaded a few drm-protected pdfs, but the library gives me 7 days of "checkout period" for each book. I will need the books longer for my thesis... So I was wondering, can the library know about it if I use a software to remove the drm from the PDF files?

I mean, is this process traceable, because I don't want to get caught and and get into trouble with my school...

I have no intention of sellling or distributing freely the pdfs. I just need them as a student.

Please don't direct me to another site, as I couldn't get an answer elsewhere...

Need urgent reply. Thanks in advance...
Old 05-02-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
It doesn't matter why you're doing it. This is copyright infringement and we do not permit help on such matters to be given at MR.

Thread closed.

Last edited by pdurrant; 05-03-2013 at 05:03 AM.
Advert
Closed Thread