Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Tor offers free weekly books if you sign up

First book Mistborn by B. Sanderson of last Wheel of Time book fame; next Old Man War by J. Scalzi

Link here:

http://www.tor.com/Default.aspx
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Thanks, there have been rumors that something was in the works. It'll be interesting to see what they do.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2008, 10:11 AM   #3
tobiasj
surrounded by books
tobiasj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle HDX, PRS-500, PRS-505, Rocket e-book
Haurmph, I got denied!

"We can not register you at this time, but check back in a few weeks for some great science fiction. Thanks!"

Bother....

-John
tobiasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
jwhayn
Enthusiast
jwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with others

Device: Kindle Voyage
Delete your browser cookie from Tor, and you can then register.
jwhayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:58 PM   #5
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I tried signing up, and got the "You have been successfully subscribed" message. But, it's been about 20 hours, and no e-mail with the promised link (checked the spam folder as well). Should I try again? Are they just clueless?

Last edited by curtw; 02-10-2008 at 05:01 PM.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2008, 06:47 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
I tried signing up, and got the "You have been successfully subscribed" message. But, it's been about 20 hours, and no e-mail with the promised link (checked the spam folder as well). Should I try again? Are they just clueless?
Depends on how automated it is. It's the weekend & if someone physically has to look at the sign ups I doubt it'd be over the weekend. FWIW I've gotten nothing here yet either. I signed up yesterday in the AM. It says they'll get to you in "a day or so", they don't give an actual solid amount of time.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:46 AM   #7
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Free ebook from TOR

Slashdot reports that
TOR is giving away ebooks as a promo for their new site.

You have to register and you will get the download link for first two books by email. Then you will receive a download link for a new ebook every week.
The books doen't seem to be protected by DRM.

Click on this link http://www.tor.com/ and give it a try.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:13 AM   #8
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
WOW WOW WOW!!!

The second book for free is Old mans War by John Scalzi, a brilliant book read it a coupole of months ago and it easily became one of my favourite sci fi books.

I love books that look at how war will work in the very distant future, almost a sci fi platoon this.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:38 AM   #9
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
duplicate

Last edited by stustaff; 02-11-2008 at 07:20 AM.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:52 AM   #10
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Tor giving away free ebooks

Register here:

grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:15 AM   #11
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Third thread and counting...
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:32 AM   #12
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Tor giving away free E-Books

Posted on Slashdot this morning. Tor has a signup on their site where they will be giving away a book a week through their newsletter. This week is Brandon Sanderson's "Mistborn". Next week is John Scalzi "Old Man's War".

Jason
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #13
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Third thread and counting...
We're all very enthusiastic about it :P
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #14
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
For those who received the email, how long after registering did it take?

Quote:
The second book for free is Old mans War by John Scalzi, a brilliant book read it a coupole of months ago and it easily became one of my favourite sci fi books.
stustaff, I read this as a pbook & it is one of my favorites. Hope to get my email so I can get this as ebook. There are two follow-on books. The first is pretty good but not as good as the second. The third really wasn't to my taste. It was "Letters" & "Thought" from Jane of the first or second book.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #15
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I signed up as soon as I heard on Saturday, and I still haven't gotten a reply from Tor.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free book, subscription, tor