Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
B&N's embargo lifts in about an hour

Here's a tip for the west coast MR members (as well as the ones in Australia and Asia).

The news about B&N is going to go live on a lot of blogs in 50 minutes. My posts will be up a few minutes later.

Enjoy.
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Must be more than the new video store.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2012, 01:53 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Here's a tip for the west coast MR members (as well as the ones in Australia and Asia).
Nook is expanding into the Australian market?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:59 AM   #4
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/
Excellent breakfast reading in Europe
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:05 AM   #5
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Gizmodo isn't much of a fan so far-

Quote:
Barnes and Noble didn't let us listen to the 7-inch's speakers, but the 9-inch Nook was neither loud nor crisp, a noticeable drawback compared to the Kindle Fire HD. Despite stereo software that's supposed to give the impression of fullness of sound, it's still obviously coming from one side of the device.

The Nook HD doesn't look like premium tablet. It could be the tough-but-cheapy plastic exterior, or maybe the dorky hole at the bottom left of the 9-inch—as though it's crappy enough to just toss on a keychain or carabiner. The Nook HD has an aesthetically utilitarian design. It prizes screen quality and ergonomics. But it looks junky. And people just don't buy things that look and feel junky anymore, no matter how good their components are.

B&N's horses can mostly keep up with the competition's books and comics and magazine offerings, but Kindle clobbers its new video outlet. There's no Amazon Prime bolstering people's free and owned content. And while Nook's got all the partners you'd want from a video store—HBO, Sony, STARZ, Viacom, Warner Bros., and Disney are all on board, so it's hard to go looking for something and not find it—it's just tough to imagine that many people willing to jump to a new ecosystem this late in the game.
http://gizmodo.com/5946376/nook-hd-h...display-enough
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
From the gizmodo quote:
Quote:
it's just tough to imagine that many people willing to jump to a new ecosystem this late in the game.
There is still a large number of people that aren't in ANY ecosystem yet. Oddly, I'm one of them, despite being an entertainment nerd and a gadget hound in general.

I'm actually more interested in the Win 8 development story myself, but it's nice to see that B&N are staying in the game in the meantime. Active competition just means I'll have more options when I finally break down and get some sort of tablet device.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
From the gizmodo quote:

There is still a large number of people that aren't in ANY ecosystem yet. Oddly, I'm one of them, despite being an entertainment nerd and a gadget hound in general.
If the people over at XDA crack these bad boys open for some rooting, I imagine that it'll be like their previous entries with being decent priced full-blown Android tablets.

My old Nook Color went from being a locked down something or other, to being a great daily driver.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
tango7
fully engaged
tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
From the gizmodo quote:

I'm actually more interested in the Win 8 development story myself, but it's nice to see that B&N are staying in the game in the meantime. Active competition just means I'll have more options when I finally break down and get some sort of tablet device.
do not be follower
I agree
tango7 is offline   Reply With Quote