Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-14-2009, 08:14 AM   #1
miss_stix
miss_stix began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eBook
Question file names in Calibre are not transferred to my ebook

I'm sorry in advance if this question has been answered elsewhere. I have tried searching for an answer using many different keywords, with no joy.

I spent a great deal of time tidying up the titles of my ebooks before sending them to my Sony ebook reader. However, when I send them across to the reader, the file names are the same as the original file.

For example "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" appears on the reader as "sourcerer's_stone_ harry_potter". Whilst it's no big deal, given the amount of time I've spent on the aesthetics of my library, I'd really love for the library on the reader to match it!

What am I missing??
miss_stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
What format are you ebooks in? Are you converting them to LRF?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:12 AM   #3
miss_stix
miss_stix began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eBook
Hi BOb,

Many are in PDF, and some I have converted to epub. Is this the problem? Should I be converting all of them to LRF???? Sorry for what might seem like a silly question; I'm a clueless newbie, still trying to get my head around everything!

So, it seems that LRF must be the way to go... I just tried the ones that I was having difficulty with... converted them from PDF to LRF, and that worked a treat!!

Thanks so much... the anal retentive side of me is now very satisfied that the book list on my device looks like it 'should'!!

Cheers!
miss_stix is offline   Reply With Quote