Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-04-2017, 11:08 AM   #1
Rouge One
Enthusiast
Rouge One began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Classic
I have a question about Nook Classic

Is there a way to fix the Nook Classic to where it will open up where you left off in a book instead of having to scroll back to the book every time you want to read the same book every time
Rouge One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:30 PM   #2
Rouge One
Enthusiast

Can somebody please answer my question
Old 01-05-2017, 08:57 PM   #3
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
I don't have Nook Classic but all the eReaders on all my Nooks (including the Nook Simple Touch 2ed) always opens an existing book where it was last left off.

Has the eReader on your Nook Classic always behaved this way? If not, perhaps you can try performing a factory reset.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:47 AM   #4
Rouge One
Enthusiast

Well I did factory reset it because when I first got it because I had to replace the battery and every since I done that it has never opened up in the same book after you power off the nook
Old 01-09-2017, 09:51 AM   #5
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouge One View Post
Well I did factory reset it because when I first got it because I had to replace the battery and every since I done that it has never opened up in the same book after you power off the nook
If you set a bookmark, will it retain that after being powered down?

It's not a fix, but maybe a decent work-around.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:21 AM   #6
Rouge One
Enthusiast

How do you set a bookmark
Old 01-11-2017, 07:38 AM   #7
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouge One View Post
How do you set a bookmark
Well, on the Simple Touch you press the upper right corner of a page in the book. This displays a small bookmark logo. There is a "Bookmarks" tab in the Contents that will list all previously set bookmarks. Press on the bookmark in that list and the reader returns to that page in the book.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:32 AM   #8
Rouge One
Enthusiast

Well I am not using the simple touch I am using the Nook Classic
Old 01-11-2017, 11:43 AM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
A copy of the user manual for the original Nook can be found here, for bookmarking go to page 137.
http://images.barnesandnoble.com/pim..._NOOK_v1_5.pdf
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:39 PM   #10
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Are you completely powering down the Nook, or simply putting it to sleep?

If you are totally powering off the device, then this behavior is normal. Powering down is done when you press the power button and hold it for 5 seconds. If you are putting it to sleep, which is where you are just tapping the power button, then you should return to where you were last.

Now, you could have an issue with a sticking power button inadvertently powering the device down. The easiest way to check this is to see how quickly it starts back up. If you tap the power button to bring it back up, it should be instantaneous. If you see a screen saying something like "Your device is loading..." along side a big Nook logo, then it previously was fully shut down.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:12 PM   #11
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Are you completely powering down the Nook, or simply putting it to sleep?

If you are totally powering off the device, then this behavior is normal...
If you powered off the original Nook it wouldn't remember where you were in a book? That seems like strange behavior. My Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight remembered my place even when completely powered down/restarted and that was only Nook 2.5.

Looking at the Wikipedia page for the original Nook, with software version 1.5 and up, the device featured automatic syncing of the last page read across multiple devices. That should mean it remembers where you are even through a power-down.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 01-23-2017 at 06:18 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 02:02 PM   #12
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
If you powered off the original Nook it wouldn't remember where you were in a book? That seems like strange behavior. My Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight remembered my place even when completely powered down/restarted and that was only Nook 2.5.

Looking at the Wikipedia page for the original Nook, with software version 1.5 and up, the device featured automatic syncing of the last page read across multiple devices. That should mean it remembers where you are even through a power-down.
I had certain epubs in which the Simple Touch would lose track of the page. I suspect something in the formatting, but I never could figure out why it only happened on some books, and not others.