Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-01-2017, 05:12 PM   #1
Zelda13
Zelda13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Cool Kindle conversion email vs Calibre

Hi everyone!

I'm really so annoyed by this, and I hope someone can help me. Normally, what I used to do was that I'd convert my epub books to mobi, then from my own email address send the file to my Kindle email address and then it would appear on my Kindle. I have the latest Paperwhite. This was convenient, as sometimes I read on my phone while out an about, and my devices would all sync to the latest position. However, for a while now, this hasn't been working. Whenever I try to do this, I get the general infuriating and unhelpful mail back of conversion having gone wrong. I have no idea why. If I can get the book in mobi, and skip Calibre, it works fine. The moment I put it through Calibre, it fails. I have mocked about with the settings for ebooks on Calibre, maybe that's what's inhibiting me from doing this? I've combed through dozens of forums, and there is no solution anywhere. I could use a USB, but for one, Calibre doesn't put it in the right directory on my Kindle anyway, so I can't use Calibre there either. Also, that way I have to manually sync all my devices, which is supremely annoying.

Anyone know a solution for my problem?

Zelda
Zelda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:47 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Is what you are saying that email doesn't work? Maybe run calibre in debug mode, generate some news and post the resulting debug log file would help.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote