Old 12-11-2016, 11:07 PM   #1
NatLibAus
NatLibAus began at the beginning.

Device: Windows PC
Read-Only copy of the viewer

Hi everyone,

I'm writing from the NLA:

http://www.nla.gov.au

We have a need for just the viewer component of Calibre (ebook-viewer.exe) for in-house viewing of works that are under various restrictions. I'd like to disable all and any export/saving functions, but I can't find a way in the tweaks to do this.

I grabbed a copy of the source (ever optimistic) and ran through the instructions here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=251201

... only to find that "You cannot build the Calibre project you have just created".

So before I create a linux dev environment, is there an easier way to completely disable the export functions of the viewer? Ideally any export/save/upload/convert icons and options should be removed. Failing this, can anyone suggest an alternative viewer to Calibre for ebub and mobi formats?

Thanks in advance,

NLA-IT
NatLibAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Umm there are no export/save/convert/etc icons in the viewer. There is a print to pdf button and copy to clipboard function, both of which should be trivial to disable.

And setting up a calibre development environment is trivial, instructions for it are in the User Manual.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:18 PM   #3
NatLibAus
NatLibAus began at the beginning.

Device: Windows PC
Thanks for responding so quickly Kovid,

Getting rid of the print to PDF would make me happy, yes. What do I need to do to remove the button?

Thanks,

NLA-IT
NatLibAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:56 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Find the QAction that corresponds to printing and disable it. Look in gui2/viewer/*.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote