Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-13-2015, 03:40 AM   #1
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
Word Titles to calibre chapters with numbering

Hi,

So I'm making a docx document with titles 1, titles 2 and titles 3.
If I convert the document to epub, ToC is perfectly created with calibre.
But if I use the numbering option in word, the titles are not detected anymore in calibre and Toc is empty.
What should I do as it's very useful to have a Toc with
I. Big title
1. Second title
1.1 Third...

I know I could do the numbering manually (and it works), but if the document is long... could be confusing...

Thanks
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:27 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
By default calibre creates the toc from heading tags. When you specify numbering styles the heading are placed in html lists not heading tags, so auto toc creation will not work. Use the Table of Contents tool in Word itself to generate a ToC in your document. The conversion will use that toc automatically.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:03 AM   #3
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Works great.
Thank you very much!
Old 11-20-2015, 05:32 AM   #4
stanlefor
Connoisseur

Another little problem :
Now the Table of Contents in Word looks perfect, but when I do the conversion the numbering changes.
My ToC is: I, II ... for titles1. 1. 2. ... for titles 2. 1.1 1.2 2.1 ... for titles3.
The problem is that titles1 are converted as 1, 2 ... the roman numbers are not conserved. The rest is perfect.

Thanks again.

EDIT : Ok, fixed that myself with reapplying numbering format in word.

Last edited by stanlefor; 11-20-2015 at 05:36 AM.