Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 09-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
amarige55
amarige55 began at the beginning.

Device: REB1100
REB-1100 Content?

I love my REB1100 but am finding it difficult to find a website that will allow me to load books into it?!? My son says it is outdated and I need to switch to another one. I don't want to!! Can anyone tell me where I can go and find Ebooks that I can load into my REB1100 without having to jump through a bunch of hoops to do it. I am not a computer idiot, but I am not as savvy as some and if you start giving me a bunch of computerese I will most likely become befuddled and give up. I know Fictionwise claims that many of their Ebooks, some for free, are multi-format and can go into the REB1100. I may try that later even though they are somewhat limited on titles. I would love to find a way to load the Dark Tower series from Stephen King and People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks and possibly even the Torah. Any suggestions or helpful hints?
Thanks....
REB1100 lover in Colorado
P.S. Going to England on 9/12 and would love to be able to get something in it for the trip.

amarige55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarige55 View Post
I love my REB1100 but am finding it difficult to find a website that will allow me to load books into it?!? My son says it is outdated and I need to switch to another one. I don't want to!! Can anyone tell me where I can go and find Ebooks that I can load into my REB1100 without having to jump through a bunch of hoops to do it. I am not a computer idiot, but I am not as savvy as some and if you start giving me a bunch of computerese I will most likely become befuddled and give up. I know Fictionwise claims that many of their Ebooks, some for free, are multi-format and can go into the REB1100. I may try that later even though they are somewhat limited on titles. I would love to find a way to load the Dark Tower series from Stephen King and People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks and possibly even the Torah. Any suggestions or helpful hints?
Thanks....
P.S. Going to England on 9/12 and would love to be able to get something in it for the trip.

Fictionwise does support REB format with the Multiformat books. These titles do not have DRM, so you will miss out on a lot of new stuff (until you learn how to convert).

Another place you should try is Baen Books. They also support REB format. Baen is a SF publisher who sells all their titles without DRM. Look here:
http://www.webscription.net/ (retail website)
http://www.baen.com/library/ (Baen Free library)
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
You might want to try browsing the Baen CDs and see if you find a title you like. All the books are directly available in the REB1100 format, plus they're legally free (they're a form of advertising for Baen).
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:26 AM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
This was in another thread. I decided to make it a separate thread so it would get nore answers. I don't think it has been answered elsewhere.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
GEB Librarian can create RB files and read them on your PC. It can also transfer files to the 1100 I believe.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:04 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarige55 View Post
Thanks....

No one's welcomed you to MobileRead, so let me be the first to extend a warm welcome here.

You'll find a ton of information and a lot free public domain (and Creative Commons) books in different formats.

I also have three REB 1100s, but only one works. My main Reader of choice is my Sony PRS-505, but I have a tremendous amount of affection for my 1100.

I have three 64-meg cards, a card reader, universal charger, and all the original BlackMask CDs in the .rb format full of thousands of [mostly] public domain titles. Since I brought all this to Peru with me, that should tell you how much I love the 1100.

I can understand your affection, as it's such an easy device to grow accustomed to.

Welcome.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:07 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can the REB 1100 read IMP file for the 1150 or 1200?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:53 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can the REB 1100 read IMP file for the 1150 or 1200?
To my knowledge, unfortunately, no.

Don
Old 09-12-2008, 01:55 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I think mobi2IMP allows Reb 1100 content to be made. I'll just add that to my IMP formats and redo a bunch to be Red 1100 compatible if so.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

There's no problem in making .rb content. I think even BookDesigner does that.

I know the Breen program also makes .rb content, from RTF.

Don