Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
esbennn
esbennn began at the beginning.

Device: none
Maintaining links when converting from epub to pdf

Hello,

I have a bunch of of epubs that I need to convert to pdf because... well, long story short - many of the people who are supposed to read the books don't have administrative rights to install an epub-reader on their work computer.

So - at first I thought I'd just print-the-books-to-file/pdf with cups or similar. This worked fine, however links in the book did no longer work in the pdf version.

I then turned to Calibre in hope that it would be able to convert the epub files instead. I've gotten text size, cover and margins right, but links are not working in pdf's created this way either.

Does anyone know of a certain parameter that I need to change, or perhaps another way that I could achieve my goal?

Thanks
esbennn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm guessing you're on linux and using an outdated version of calibre. Update calibre to the current release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #3
esbennn
esbennn began at the beginning.

Device: none
You were right, I was on 0.9.8.
0.9.30 does in fact maintain links during conversion - thanks for your reply

However 0.9.30 doesn't maintain custom bullets, unfortunately.
Here's what my bullets look like in epub:

And here's what they look like when converted to pdf:

Do you know of any solution to this?

Thanks
esbennn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, links, pdf