Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-26-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
Green2k9UK
Green2k9UK began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
PRS-505 Image Dimension Problem :S

Hi Guys,

Well I've had great success with calibre but i've a hit a bit of a wall with a few files that I'm strugling to overcome. I've been searching the forum and googling my ass off, but haven't been able to find a solution.

Basically I have a few HTML ebooks that contain pictures. Calibre converts it to LRF very well and it looks great on the PRS-505, the only problem is that some of the pictures are missing after conversion. I checked the dimensions of the pictures and it seems that any image over about 500 pixels high is lost.

If i open the LRF file on the PC with the lrf viewer supplied with calibre, the offending images are still not visible. I've tried epub and other formats but none of them quite agree with the 505.

The LRF conversion is perfect apart from this image prblem.

Does anyone know how i can have calibre/html2lrf reduce the image sizes to a custom figure during processing? I know that the converter uses a 'PRS500' profile but I can't find a way to view of change this profile.

I can open the html file up in an editor (microsoft word in this case) and manually shrink all the images, one at a time, this works but takes a long time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

J
Green2k9UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This shouldn't be happening. Open a ticket and attach one of these problem source files (or a test case).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
Green2k9UK

Many thanks,

I've created a ticket for this issue and attached a zip containing the source file and the resultant HTML zip from calibre and the converted LRF.

Regards

j
Old 12-26-2008, 03:41 PM   #4
Green2k9UK

p.s. Ticket No. 1467

Thanks
Old 12-26-2008, 04:27 PM   #5
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Missing pictures

I have noticed this problem to happen for me with large pictures inside of tables. Once you take the picture out the table, it is visible again. It only happens with larger pictures.

I saw in Secrets of the German Secret Service...Kaiser Wilhelm was missing, but the pictures of visiting cards and signatures were not.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2008, 10:05 PM   #6
Bookathon
Bookaholic
Bookathon doesn't litterBookathon doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 1, 3, Ipad
I have the same problem with pdf2lrf conversion, but I have not tried html2lrf conversion.
Bookathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:05 AM   #7
Green2k9UK

mrmikel,

I think that was the problem. I didn't notice that the pictures were inside tables.

I selected the option 'Ignore Tables' in the conversion settings and the problem was solved. The tables dissapeared but the images were visible.

I guess this is a good solution as long as there aren't actually any tables in the document that you want to keep.

I'll leave the ticket open for a better solution.

Thanks