Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 11:31 AM   #2641
Puky70
Puky70 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindly Voyage
Hi,

is there something in progress for KOA2 (Beta Test)?

Thanks
Puky70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:19 PM   #2642
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
KOA2 jailbreak is still under development. Given only knc1 is working on it he has to prioritize ensuring the jailbreak is preserved even when an Amazon update is applied. As the structure of the partitions has changed substantially in the KOA2 this is a much more involved effort than previous updates to the jailbreak code.

Once the jailbreak itself is finalized it will be time to update the various packages which given the change in partition layout may likewise be more involved than prior cases.

So have patience with this. If you have applicable programming skills and want to help him give knc1 a PM and let him know. There might be subtasks he can delegate to others with him providing overall coordination and integration.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2018, 01:12 PM   #2643
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
And, there is a major change in the update bridge code.
It will be able auto-reinstall any of the update_*.bin packages.

It does that by being modular -
Each update_*.bin package will have to provide its own fragment of the 'bridge' script.

And it has to run on all touch screen devices - K5/5.3.x to KOA2/5.9.x

so it really doesn't make any sense for the package authors to update their packages now, and again sometime soon to include the script fragment.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:04 AM   #2644
Gryzor
Enthusiast
Gryzor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hello everyone! Is the package in the OP the last release? I seem to remember someone (knc1?) giving me another URL a looong time ago but I can't find it...
Gryzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:35 AM   #2645
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryzor View Post
Hello everyone! Is the package in the OP the last release? I seem to remember someone (knc1?) giving me another URL a looong time ago but I can't find it...
Prefix filter: tools, NiLuJe's snapshot thread.
For some specialized things, prefix filter: tools, coplate's snapshot thread.

What device? (sorry, but the info box information has become unreliable, people forget to update it)
What firmware?

I do not recall anyone reporting the status of this add-in on fw-5.9.xyz
So if you are running current 5.9.<something> you may be breaking new ground.

Last edited by knc1; 01-26-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Advert
Old 01-26-2018, 08:52 AM   #2646
Gryzor
Enthusiast

Oh, I see there's newer versions since I last installed the mod... thanks so much for the pointer, bookmarked!

I'm with the KV still, 5.9.0.2 so I will try and report back!!
Old 01-26-2018, 09:04 AM   #2647
knc1
Going Viral

Thanks.
We need all the help we can get.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:15 AM   #2648
Gryzor
Enthusiast

Sooo here's what happened:

-on 5.9.0.2
-uninstalled Python and previous ss hack just to make sure
-installed latest (11/2017) Python package from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...e%27s+snapshot
-installed latest (11/2017) SS hack from same thread
-SUCCESS!

Seems like it works fine, on the first boot I got the white screen saying it hasn't found a cover yet, so it worked out of the box After leaving it on with a book open for a few minutes it picked up its cover, and all's well.

Hope that helps!
Old 01-27-2018, 11:26 AM   #2649
knc1
Going Viral

Good to hear, at least that is one that does not have to be modified.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:28 AM   #2650
Gryzor
Enthusiast

Yup! Next up: going to try the fonts hack, though I was always a bit mystified about how it works. I wanna try it with the Google Product font...
Old 01-29-2018, 12:29 PM   #2651
Gryzor
Enthusiast

Fonts update:

-Downloaded the ttf version of Google Product (it's a sans font, I love it on my mobile)
-Dropped it into my /linkfonts/fonts folder
-updated font cache, restarted framework.

Looks like it took over the Caecilia Condensed entry and appears fine, so I guess it works
Old 02-02-2018, 05:24 AM   #2652
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
My KV went to the new firmware. Reinstalled this and python without a problem. (sorry don't have it with me so can't report the exact version of the firmware)
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:47 AM   #2653
MrCaringi
Venezuelan
MrCaringi began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 (B0D4 Series)
Question, guys,

I Jailbreaked my kindle PW2 (B0D4 series) long time ago, before 5.6 I think, Now it have a updated firmware 5.8.11, and, as long as I understand, the jailbreak doesnt lost when amazon upgrade the firmware.

I want my screensaver hack back, I tried reinstallin the things: KUAL in first place, but I got this message (when entering to KUAL):

Quote:
ERROR

This device is no authorized as a test Kindle ... bla bla bla...
So, what is the path I have to follow?
MrCaringi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:56 AM   #2654
MrCaringi
Venezuelan
MrCaringi began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 (B0D4 Series)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCaringi View Post
Question, guys,

I Jailbreaked my kindle PW2 (B0D4 series) long time ago, before 5.6 I think, Now it have a updated firmware 5.8.11, and, as long as I understand, the jailbreak doesnt lost when amazon upgrade the firmware.

I want my screensaver hack back, I tried reinstallin the things: KUAL in first place, but I got this message (when entering to KUAL):

So, what is the path I have to follow?
I was reading this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275880
And It says: "Factory resetting your Kindle will remove your jailbreak. You will have to follow this tutorial over again"

Im not sure, but I think I did it... crap, Did I make a terrible mistake?
MrCaringi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:59 AM   #2655
Gryzor
Enthusiast

Ooh why did you even?

On the other hand, this is not something you can do by mistake... are you sure?

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch