Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
"My Clippings" Not Indexed?

So noticed that my battery seemed to be draining faster than normal, so I did a gibberish search to see if anything was stuck on indexing.

Result:

Items Not Yet Indexed (1)

OK, clicked on that to see what needed deleting and got:

My Clippings

---

Suggestions?
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried following the advice here: http://www.kindleboards.com/index.php?topic=60305.0 but got the indexing error again when I copied the clippings file back over.
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Delete it; it will be automatically recreated when you next clip something or set a bookmark.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
stickybuns
Evangelist

But what about all of my old clippings?
Old 10-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Copy the old file to your PC and just keep it. Something in that file's causing the problem, and I don't think you'll be able to sort it out. Time to make a fresh start with the clippings!
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #6
stickybuns
Evangelist

OK, so this is weird (but good):

I deleted "my clippings" from the Kindle. Restarted it. Took a look at the Notes & Highlights for a book... they're still there!

So... no more indexing troubles.
My notes are still accessible.

Last question: What is the purpose of the "my clippings" file if the info is being stored elsewhere on the kindle?
Old 10-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

It's to let you export them to your PC. The place they're really stored is in the ".mpb" file that's associated with each book.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #8
stickybuns
Evangelist

Oh, fantastic! I was feeling totally bummed about potentially losing access to my notes; I'm glad to hear that won't be the case
Old 10-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #9
OzzyOptic
OzzyOptic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
For different reasons I also ended up deleting/losing my My Clippings file. On making my next highlight a new My Clippings was created. Although via the .mbp my highlights and notes are still in my books, is there anyway to have these copy into the new My Clippings file?

Failing that is there a way to get all the highlighted clippings and notes out of the .mbp into any other format? I have come across a tool online that seems to only grab the notes into a text file, but am more interested in grabbing clipped highlighted material.
OzzyOptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:22 AM   #10
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyOptic View Post
For different reasons I also ended up deleting/losing my My Clippings file. On making my next highlight a new My Clippings was created. Although via the .mbp my highlights and notes are still in my books, is there anyway to have these copy into the new My Clippings file?

Failing that is there a way to get all the highlighted clippings and notes out of the .mbp into any other format? I have come across a tool online that seems to only grab the notes into a text file, but am more interested in grabbing clipped highlighted material.
I'm really wondering about that myself, would be awesome...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote