Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-10-2018, 06:05 PM   #1
booklover128
booklover128 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch w/ Glowlight
Nook Simple Touch w/ Glowlight Software 1.2.2

My nook downloaded and installed this update automatically today when I connected to wifi.

The B&N website is showing 1.2.1 as the most current software version, and an online chat with customer support indicated that they do not know anything about a software update for this model of the nook. They asked me to erase deregister my device, and re-register it. I did, and it is still showing 1.2.2

They can only recommend that I watch for "issues" using my nook and to contact them again if I have problems.

Is anyone else seeing this? I am really surprised to see any kind of software update to an older device.
booklover128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:24 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I checked mine and it's running 1.1.5. Didn't they get rid of page numbers in the table of contents? I think there was a reason I never updated.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:19 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover128 View Post
Is anyone else seeing this? I am really surprised to see any kind of software update to an older device.
No, I'm not. This sounds really weird.

Check that. Yep. I just turned on WiFi on my "ShopGoodwill" NST and, in a couple minutes, it started upgrading. Have no idea what 1.2.2 does different than 1.2.1 but it's definitely at 1.2.2. Weird that no one at B&N knows what's going on.

I think I'll hold off turning on WiFi on my old NST and NST w/Glowlight.

Last edited by rcentros; 01-12-2018 at 04:22 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:37 PM   #4
booklover128
booklover128 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch w/ Glowlight
Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one . . .
booklover128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:19 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover128 View Post
Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one . . .
I emailed Barnes & Noble's support and got a return email that just says that the update provides "minor system enhancements." And that they hope this information is "helpful."

So, in other words, I (and probably the customer rep) have no idea what the update was for.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote