Notices

Old 04-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
astroboy
astroboy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
epub with continuous scrolling sub chapters

Hi
I am new so please try to understand
I have HTML file with clearly specified h1 tags for chapters and h2 tags for sub chapters.

When I convert it to ePub ,for TOC i use
Level 1 TOC : //h:h1
Level 2 TOC : //h:h2

as specified in tutorial.

Toc is generated but each heading shows me only single sub-chapter with link to next at bottom.
This is not comfortable as most of the sub chapters are 3-4 lines on my tablet.

Is there any way I could continuously scroll down chapters without loosing links in TOC?

Thanks in advance
astroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The toc has nothing to do with page breaks, look at the chapter mark and insert page breaks before settings in structure detection section of the conversion dialog.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
astroboy

Thanks that worked

Last edited by pdurrant; 05-01-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
astroboy

also why is it working on kindle but not working with Moon+reader?
I tried all the options
Old 05-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
also why is it working on kindle but not working with Moon+reader? I tried all the options
I'm confused about what you want. When I read in Moon+reader all of my chapters are set to start as a new page.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #6
astroboy

Quote:
chapters are set to start as a new page.
Thats what i dont want.
I want chapters and sub chapters to scroll continuously.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
Thats what i dont want.
I want chapters and sub chapters to scroll continuously.
Many devices don't handle Single (xhtml) file books.

My Moon reader Pages with a swipe, not Scrolls (there might be a setting, but I am happy with page flips)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote