Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #181
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@treaders: No idea, I'm not a cr3 dev .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:15 AM   #182
treaders
treaders began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Are not there any Amazon Kindle 4Nt users, who want to use coolreader? Just me?
treaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #183
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 4
i didn't have any luck with the kindlet for running coolreader, but i got it running using kite.
hippy dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #184
treaders

So, as a 4 NT users our one chance is Calibre.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #185
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

or running coolreader using kite?
Old 09-17-2012, 05:29 AM   #186
treaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy dave View Post
or running coolreader using kite?
How could you install it?
Old 09-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #187
hippy dave
Zealot

i installed kite using the script found inside the kite.gz file, which i guess i downloaded from the kite thread. i then put the following script, named CoolReader3, in the kite directory:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/mnt/us/cr3/goqt.sh cr3 start
Old 09-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #188
treaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy dave View Post
i installed kite using the script found inside the kite.gz file, which i guess i downloaded from the kite thread. i then put the following script, named CoolReader3, in the kite directory:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/mnt/us/cr3/goqt.sh cr3 start
@hippy dave, you copied the scripts from kite.sh to goqt.sh (in mnt/us/cr3), did'nt you?
Old 09-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #189
hippy dave
Zealot

hm no, the goqt.sh is a script that is supplied with coolreader3.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #190
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
yeah goQT.sh just dumps some environment variable values and runs the app -qws or something IIRC

You can actually just do a big long command line call (I was doing this last week) that does the same thing

AFAICT it's fairly generic (other than the app that gets "runned") aside from a few specific lib calls (that are related to the actual app rather than QT)

I do have a copy of CR3 somewhere lying around that I could check but from what I have seen so far all the goQT.sh's are much of a muchness.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #191
treaders

think i will cross the line.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #192
sandman7920
sandman7920 has a spectacular aura aboutsandman7920 has a spectacular aura aboutsandman7920 has a spectacular aura aboutsandman7920 has a spectacular aura aboutsandman7920 has a spectacular aura aboutsandman7920 has a spectacular aura aboutsandman7920 has a spectacular aura aboutsandman7920 has a spectacular aura aboutsandman7920 has a spectacular aura aboutsandman7920 has a spectacular aura aboutsandman7920 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Voyage
I am using this slightly goqt.zip modified goqt script unzip and copy to /mnt/us/qtKindle. And this CoolReader3_kite.zip is my kite script to start CoolReader
sandman7920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #193
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
oh yeah, with some logging and a CVM manager. nice. but as you can see - it's more or less what I said above - THANKS FOR THE LINK!!!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #194
hippy dave
Zealot

new kindle, new start - i decided to have another go at getting cr3runner working, and this time it does think i'll be using it instead of kite, to avoid kite's funny glitches on k4 like running everything at boot.

had a look at this (russian) guide, and got the gist of what it wanted, basically:

Code:
mntroot rw
vi /mnt/main/opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy
then add these lines at the bottom of the file:

Code:
grant {
  permission java.io.FilePermission "/mnt/us/qtKindle/-", "read,execute";
  permission java.io.FilePermission "/mnt/us/cr3runner/-", "read,write,execute";
  permission java.io.FilePermission "/mnt/us/cr3/-", "read,execute";
};
then of course don't forget:
Code:
mntroot ro

files you should have:
cr3runner-26.azw2 in /mnt/us/documents
commands.txt in /mnt/us/cr3runner
(and all the actual coolreader stuff in /mnt/us/cr3 etc)

i started putting my other script files for running native things in the cr3runner directory just for tidiness, then discovered it was probably the best place anyway so i didn't need to set further permissions.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #195
purpleclockwork
purpleclockwork began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 nt
What does all this do for the Kindle 4 NT? Im assuming it adds extra features.. Does anybody have step by step instructions?
purpleclockwork is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 4th gen hack