Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-27-2018, 06:52 PM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sounds good to me. Thanks!
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:57 AM   #17
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Okay, I just pushed a change to our github master so that HTMLResource objects will use the QXmlStreamReader itself for well-formed checks instead of the earlier gumbo version (which still exists). I rebuilt with these changes and it fixes the issue by preventing Reports from launching if the xhtml in the book is not well-formed.

That said, the WellFormed checks are used in a number of places so we really need to test this change to make sure that increasing strictness here does not create other issues with Sigil being able to handle very poor html as input.

I have my fingers crossed that there will be no side effects!

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2018, 11:08 AM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Okay, I just pushed a change to our github master so that HTMLResource objects will use the QXmlStreamReader itself for well-formed checks instead of the earlier gumbo version (which still exists). I rebuilt with these changes and it fixes the issue by preventing Reports from launching if the xhtml in the book is not well-formed.

That said, the WellFormed checks are used in a number of places so we really need to test this change to make sure that increasing strictness here does not create other issues with Sigil being able to handle very poor html as input.

I have my fingers crossed that there will be no side effects!

KevinH
I grabbed the Windows Appveyor build of your latest commit, and it definitely seems to work for the specific test case I mentioned. What areas/features should I focus on to check for problems, do you think? Splitting/merging relies on things being well-formed, right?
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:21 AM   #19
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
yes, splitting and merging as well as initial reading in of the epub if Mend on open is disabled, and checking each file after a plugin runs are all places we do well-formed checks.

Since strictness increased, I wanted to make sure the reading in of epubs and raw html that may not be well-formed is not prevented or hurt.

Thanks,

Kevin
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:31 PM   #20
ghmerrill
Connoisseur
ghmerrill began at the beginning.

Device: Various
Sorry I haven't been keep up with this for the past few days. As a (previously long time -- Bell Labs, SAS Institute, etc.) compiler writer) I would favor the more formally correct approach that I think you're suggesting -- which I think would also result in minimal intervention in your code base, less of a maintenance headache, and more stability. So both a theoretical and practical better approach.

But in any event, thanks for your prompt attention and very professional response to this.
ghmerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert