Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-14-2017, 11:56 AM   #1036
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Try taking the accented characters and spaces out of the pathname and filename - -
That might help in finding the source of the problem.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:01 PM   #1037
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I put much work to support all "exotic" characters but I agree that might be issue in some
very rare cases.

Also check your antivirus software. Some Asian AV solutions are total garbage.

EDIT:
I just checked errors reports that I received from your computer. Something is blocking parsing of temporary files. Definitely overzealous AV would be my first guess.

It is known issue: https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/issues/230

Last edited by AcidWeb; 05-14-2017 at 12:12 PM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2017, 06:24 PM   #1038
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
I put much work to support all "exotic" characters but I agree that might be issue in some
very rare cases.

EDIT:
I just checked errors reports that I received from your computer. Something is blocking parsing of temporary files. Definitely overzealous AV would be my first guess.

And it may very well be WinXP the poster is running.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:58 PM   #1039
Boyzzun
Boyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle oasis
Quote:
very rare cases.

EDIT:

Hi,
I follow your instruction, change the name of chapter, no space, turn off the internet (make sure no wannnacry) , turn off AV ( i use kaspersky) and the new faul appear , firstly my laptop appear mess low space, i check the C drive and see that only have more than 3gb but the folder i convert is in E driver with more than 100gb free space
Dont know why and how to solve it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-0-02-06-e62b0c7f100172a78813a04ebd49b1e8bac903abe90b18dbb0a0932e55ec6f1f-V.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	156782   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-0-02-06-bfe6e297e22485863e5922756a4694b4a61e9b1cb0a4da5546a15afbb5235ac6-V.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	156783  
Boyzzun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:55 AM   #1040
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Temporary files are created on C:
Advert
Old 05-16-2017, 12:58 AM   #1041
Boyzzun
Boyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the end

Quote:
Temporary files are created on C:
So do you have any recommend to me ?
Old 05-16-2017, 12:59 AM   #1042
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Make more space on C:.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:20 AM   #1043
Boyzzun

Quote:
Make more space on C:.
Dear

could i change to another local disk, i have another E drive disk with more than 100 GB free and the folder i convert is in the E drive, so why it still lack of space ?
Old 05-16-2017, 05:37 AM   #1044
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyzzun View Post
Dear

could i change to another local disk, i have another E drive disk with more than 100 GB free and the folder i convert is in the E drive, so why it still lack of space ?
No, not without changing how Windows handles temporary files.
Because the temporary files are created on the C drive, you have no choice.

That is the way the program is written (it uses: "the system:"\tmp, which is always on the installation (first, C:) drive)).
That is the way Bill Gates wrote Windows, your argument is with him.

If you absolutely, positively, can not free more space on your C: drive (eventually other things that need space in \tmp will break if you don't) . . . .

Then install a VM running Linux on your E: drive with the 100g of free space.
Then run the Linux version of KCC:
https://kcc.iosphe.re/
Scroll to bottom of that page.

Last edited by knc1; 05-16-2017 at 07:17 AM.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:55 PM   #1045
Boyzzun

Hi guys,

after clear the C disk it can convert the file to .mobi, but now i have new problem that when i convert to kindle oasis or kobo aura one (i have both) look like the text and picture in the comic is have more raw (low quality) than jpeg and png of this comic
and i dont add any option feature to the output file

So could you tell me how to solve it ? because the oasis and aura one have high dpi so the picture is not compatible with ?
Old 05-17-2017, 01:47 AM   #1046
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I guess that source files resolution is lower than screen resolution. Quality loss is caused by upscaling.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:10 AM   #1047
Boyzzun

Quote:
I guess that source files resolution is lower than screen resolution. Quality loss is caused by upscaling.
but i can still read the original comic in tablet or laptop with good quality ?
Old 05-17-2017, 07:32 AM   #1048
knc1
Going Viral

Let us see an example of the 'low quality' display on your Kindle.
Just take a screen shot and attach to your next post.

(Touchscreen Kindles - a two finger touch, a finger at each of two diagonally opposite corners takes a screen shot.)

(You have to use the 'advanced editor' here to manage attachments to a post. Use the 'go advanced' button just below this text entry box. If there isn't a 'go advanced' button, your already using it, just scroll down to the 'manage attachments' section.)
Old 05-17-2017, 12:50 PM   #1049
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Screenshots are not optimal choice in this case. Image quality drop even more on them. It is hard do judge the quality of e-ink optimized image on non e-ink screen.

@Boyzzun - I think that everything is as it should be. Your images just look like this on e-ink screen. Not everyone thinks that this level of quality is good enough.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #1050
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Screenshots are not optimal choice in this case. Image quality drop even more on them. It is hard do judge the quality of e-ink optimized image on non e-ink screen.

@Boyzzun - I think that everything is as it should be. Your images just look like this on e-ink screen. Not everyone thinks that this level of quality is good enough.
Ah, but you overlook the fact that Kindles use a screen buffer display.
A "snapshot" (the way the Kindle system does it) is an exact copy of the buffer.

Which means that graphic tools can be used to see what the problem is, rather than eyeballs (no 'just look at' involved).

I noticed that in the distribution web page the interface had a gamma setting -
And the O.P. claimed not to have made any option settings -
Q.E.D: Perhaps he should have.

A histogram made of the buffer contents would tell in a hurry if there was a real problem or just user-error.
No eyeballs involved.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools