Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-20-2018, 06:40 PM   #1
svanderbok
svanderbok began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Error communicating with device

Hi,

I've been using my Kindle for years without a problem and suddenly I'm receiving the following error:
calibre, version 3.32.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Failed to access files in the main memory of your device. You should contact the device manufacturer for support. Common fixes are: try a different USB cable/USB port on your computer. If you device has a "Reset to factory defaults" type of setting somewhere, use it. Underlying error: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: '/Volumes/Kindle/driveinfo.calibre'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 470, in _get_device_information
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line 153, in get_device_information
IOError: Failed to access files in the main memory of your device. You should contact the device manufacturer for support. Common fixes are: try a different USB cable/USB port on your computer. If you device has a "Reset to factory defaults" type of setting somewhere, use it. Underlying error: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: '/Volumes/Kindle/driveinfo.calibre'
I've tried all of the following remediation steps and it still will NOT connect:
- Tried 3 different USB cables
- Tried 2 different USB Ports
- Upgraded Calibre
- Rebooted my Mac
- Rebooted my Kindle
- Reset my Kindle to factory default

Still getting the same error.

Please help!
svanderbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:14 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Can you access the device okay (read/write) outside of Calibre?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:28 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your kindle is being mounted read-only that typically happens because of filesystem errors. If the reset of the kindle did not work, you can try formatting the kindle drive and if that does not work, you will need to contact amazon for a replacement.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, errno 30, kindle voyage, macbook pro