Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-07-2018, 12:18 AM   #1
mhguda
mhguda began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Lifedrive
cannot install new update (64bit, on Windows 10)

Hello, I'm having a problem with updating Calibre 64bit version on Windows 10. I'm running version 3.20 and have downloaded 3.32. When I try to install as per usual, I'm offered three options: change, repair, or remove. Tried change and repair, installer exits with the message that no changes were made, the account already exists. Now I'm scared to try the third option and reinstall - I have hundreds of books in my library, and what if the installer removes all of that?
How can this problem be resolved? I normally keep Calibre updated, but this version won't let me!

Thanks in advance.
mhguda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:32 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That message says the downloaded version is the same as installed. Are you sure the status bar does not say 3.32.0 ?

Does the DOWNLOADED file name say 3.32 And is it the X64 version (you can have both installed)

(some ISP's have been reported to have cached a file, not detecting that the version has changed. Try using the Alternate download site)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:48 AM   #3
mhguda

Thank you for a quick reply. Status bar says 3.20 64 bit (I also found I have a 32 bit version, 3.11, that I do not use anymore). The downloaded file does say 3.32.0 and it is the 64bit version. Have downloaded it from several different servers. Same result every time.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:00 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhguda View Post
Thank you for a quick reply. Status bar says 3.20 64 bit (I also found I have a 32 bit version, 3.11, that I do not use anymore). The downloaded file does say 3.32.0 and it is the 64bit version. Have downloaded it from several different servers. Same result every time.
Uninstall all what you have, don't worry you wont lose your library(ies) or your configuration data (preference settings, plugins, customisation etc).

If you feel inclined take a backup first, see ==>> How do I backup calibre?

Then download from ==>> https://calibre-ebook.com/download

When you install it will use the existing Configuration and library(ies)

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:33 AM   #5
mhguda

Thank you. That worked. And yes I did do the backup first, just to be safe.