Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #24166
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Hot water and honey. Had some coffee with breakfast. Preparing to nap. Lucas is napping. Life is good.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #24167
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Half coffee, half milk with a splash of Hazlenut syrup in an oversized cup. Yummy!!!
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #24168
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
And my last cup of coffee as I get ready to go out into the world and get something done today.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #24169
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Home, and the weather is beautiful. A big mug of Peet's Major Dickason's coffee for breakfast, and now on my second mug of Keemun Xian Zhen. Finally some decent coffee and tea after being gone.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #24170
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Sold Out Audence!

Both performances today went much better! Nothing like an excited and reactive audience to lift up a show!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2013, 03:08 AM   #24171
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Just back from the first long tour of Spring... A million bikes on the road today as it really was a glorious day for motorcycle touring. Just a bit chilly, but not so much that we couldn't dress for it and be completely comfortable. Unfortunately, the Cherry trees are still just a week or two away from looking fantastic. You could see the 'promise' of a perfect Cherry Blossom Season. I'll re-ride that same route in two weeks with my camera and do some work instead of just cruising.

Now it's time to sit back with a cup of East India Company's "Assam" tea, and get some Internet play done!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #24172
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
So I went to town today, with the intention of photographing the falling leaves. (March is when trees change leaves in Hanoi.) But I had no good shots. Stitchawl, you have any tips for this you can share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
Spring is a state of mind

@ Blues: take lots of photos, for us
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #24173
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
A quick cup of tea and a piece of cornbread, then off to take my son back to his school. He's had a good break, but he needs to get back to his own tribe.

I'll be sipping coffee for about 200 miles north, then Diet Coke (or Coke Zero, if the machines have it) for the return trip.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #24174
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I have been drinking coffee all morning long. Switching to tea.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #24175
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

People smile and tell me I'm the lucky one, and we've just begun,
Think I'm gonna have a son.
He will be like she and me, as free as a dove, conceived in love,
Sun is gonna shine above.

And even though we ain't got money, I'm so in love with ya honey,
And everything will bring a chain of love.
And in the morning when I rise, you bring a tear of joy to my eyes,
And tell me everything is gonna be alright.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvMajCp8i3E )

My daughter-in-law went into labor last night. I'm waiting to hear the news today. I'm gonna be (or maybe already am) a grandpa.
I never even expected to live to see my 21st birthday, and I'm going to be a grandpa. Ain't that some stuff?!?

Good morning, everyone. It's a pleasant Monday, and it starts with a mug of East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea, toastadas con carne, and fried polenta. Got some chores to do, dentists to visit, people to see... busy day but pleasant. I don't mind Mondays. They sometimes feel like a new beginning. I like new beginnings. I guess by now my grandson has begun too. Welcome to the world, little Levi! (Don't know why they chose to name him after a pair of jeans...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
So I went to town today, with the intention of photographing the falling leaves. (March is when trees change leaves in Hanoi.) But I had no good shots. Stitchawl, you have any tips for this you can share?
They are changing here too, Anh. The buds are opening on the Cherry trees and the plum trees are almost looking raggedy. Next week will be better and the week after that will be perfect (in that same area. I'll be back...) I didn't bother to bring my camera on yesterday's bike tour, but did shoot this one with my camera just to remind me where I want to stand when the trees are in full bloom. It's a photo of the bridge rather than one of the flowers. It really is a pretty lousy shot though! When there is nothing good, there is nothing good. Period. You can try for different angles and different subjects, but if you're looking for pretty trees and the trees just aren't cooperating, you're out of luck. Photograph the ducks instead. If the long range shots won't work, take macro photos. There is ALWAYS something to photograph, but not always what you WANT to photograph.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plumb.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	103431  

Last edited by Stitchawl; 03-24-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #24176
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Congrats Grandpa Stitchy! Enjoy your newest (unexpected) role in life!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #24177
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Just got the word... Little 'Levi' has entered the world. Father is resting comfortably.

Stitchawl

Sent by my typewriter.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #24178
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Congratulations! Sounds like the little one has already stolen your heart. How exciting!
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:58 PM   #24179
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Congrats Grandpa Stitchy! Enjoy your newest (unexpected) role in life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Just got the word... Little 'Levi' has entered the world. Father is resting comfortably.

Stitchawl

Sent by my typewriter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Congratulations! Sounds like the little one has already stolen your heart. How exciting!
Quote: I like new beginnings. I guess by now my grandson has begun too. Welcome to the world, little Levi! (Don't know why they chose to name him after a pair of jeans...)
Unquote.

Actually, Levi is an ancient and well-respected name in some circles...
And in some circles, it is common to pass on a grandparent's name to a grandchild just guessing, of course...

Congrats, Stitchy, I don't know why you waited so long.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #24180
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Quote: I like new beginnings. I guess by now my grandson has begun too. Welcome to the world, little Levi! (Don't know why they chose to name him after a pair of jeans...)
Unquote.

Actually, Levi is an ancient and well-respected name in some circles...
And in some circles, it is common to pass on a grandparent's name to a grandchild just guessing, of course...
Yes, in fact, I was named after a grandmother named Sarah. Well, the first letter of her name, anyway. But such is the custom in my parent's world.

No one particularly religious in my side of the family. Although I was brought up Jewish, and had to attend religious training almost every day after school until I was 13 years old and Bar Mitzpah'd, my family was more culturally Jewish than religiously Jewish. I had nothing more to do with the religion at all after the indoctrination I was subjected to as a child. In my early 20's I began to follow a Chinese religious-philosophy, Taoism, and have been following the Tao for the past 45 years or so. My son's mother also wasn't religious either, and so my son never really had any formal religious training. His wife's family is Christian, but she too isn't particularly religious. And there are no 'Levis' in any of our lineage, only in our closets. I did have two grandfathers who's names began with the letter 'L,' but I don't think my son was even aware of that fact. When he was born, I wanted to name him 'Motega,' was was a Native American word meaning 'new arrow' but his mother objected... Strange woman...

Quote:
Congrats, Stitchy, I don't know why you waited so long.
Waited for what? I didn't get her preggers!

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. I gotta go do my chores.

Stitchawl

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?