Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-11-2017, 11:53 AM   #121
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I think it's an issue with 32gb cards

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The 32GB SanDisk uSD cards in my H20 and HD are working okay. I did find one of my 8GB Lexar cards that used to work in my Kobos is no longer visible.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:00 PM   #122
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The 32GB SanDisk uSD cards in my H20 and HD are working okay. I did find one of my 8GB Lexar cards that used to work in my Kobos is no longer visible.
Can you verify the partition scheme between the two?
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2017, 12:44 PM   #123
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
Can you verify the partition scheme between the two?
All the uSD cards I've used in my Kobos are formatted using the SD Card Association's formatter so FAT32. I backed up the data from the 8GB card that didn't work and reformatted it. When I inserted it into my H2O, it still wasn't visible in Settings.

Last edited by DNSB; 05-11-2017 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Fat fingers cause typos...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:57 PM   #124
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I feel duped. This firmware messed up the reading stats in my old Aura which were just fine. Until now that is. I only sideloaded this version because someone said they fixed the reading stats bug.

I won't upgrade anymore. I'll just run this one until there is an alternative to this reader on the market and then I'll jump ship and buy with another company. This whole software thing is starting to getting on my nerves.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:05 PM   #125
Astrobob
Astrobob began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by patryk View Post
I do not believe it is a problem with HC cards. 8gb card (which is HC) is working fine in my H2O after the update
I have been using a Sandisk 2GB and it was detected and was reading books on it until the latest firmware upgrade.

I moved the books I was reading to the main memory but I lost the annotations & reading location. Can I copy some files to get those back?

PS: I am using the old Kobo Touch
Astrobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #126
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
I feel duped. This firmware messed up the reading stats in my old Aura which were just fine. Until now that is. I only sideloaded this version because someone said they fixed the reading stats bug.
It might be that the reading stats bug was fixed, but on a different model. I wouldn't know because they aren't something I've ever bothered about. However, I do know that the new update behaved somewhat differently on my original Aura than it did on my KA1.

After the update, I could no longer reliably open Chinese epubs on my Aura. Worked fine opening Chinese books before the update, and it works fine since I rolled back to an earlier firmware. But, more often than not, it would show me a blank page and then close for the brief while I had the new firmware installed. I even tried sideloading some other Chinese fonts, but to no success.

However, after the new update, my KA1 just picked up where it left off. If anything, it has become more responsive when looking up characters in a text.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:53 PM   #127
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by musteman View Post
I have a problem with the reading statistics. Up to now I could see how many books I have read since I bought my KOBO AURA ONE (25 books in total). After installing this update, the statics only mention 5 books read in total....very strange....
I've noticed that too. It used to be that the device remembered how many books I had finished, even if I deleted them afterwards, so the number would never go down.

Now it seems that the number of finished books in the stats is just the number of books currently marked as finished on the device, so if I open a finished book the number in the stats decreases by one.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:32 PM   #128
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
It seems that the new F/W is slightly less "bulky" than the previous ones: I have now 1.4 Gb available instead of 1.3 Gb on the One. I've been at this level for a while, adding books frequently, so I don't think it is just a frontier effect.
I saw something similar after I upgraded from 3.19 to 4.2, but I think it is because something has changed with the metadata that the Kobo server is sending out for synced books. After the upgrade some of my high-resolution cover images were replaced with low-resolution ones, and also a lot of the other metadata that I had used Calibre to correct got replaced with the publisher's original faulty metadata.

(This only hapened to synced KePub books, none of the metadata for my sideloaded ePubs was touched. So now all my synced books look pretty shabby comapred to the sideloaded ones.)
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:27 PM   #129
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:

I won't upgrade anymore. I'll just run this one until there is an alternative to this reader on the market and then I'll jump ship and buy with another company. This whole software thing is starting to getting on my nerves.
Was just thinking. If you roll back to your previous firmware version, you may find that all your former reading stats are intact.

When I rolled back my Aura, it remembered the page I had been on in the Chinese epub I had been reading before the update despite the fact that the device had done some pretty funky contortions on the odd time or two that it had been able to open the ebook when I briefly had the new firmware installed.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:21 PM   #130
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
How have they been messed up?

The reading stats problems from the previous firmware versions has been fixed. But, any that were messed up with the previous firmware version will not be fixed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:02 PM   #131
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Nope. It's an issue with my 8GB card and I also tried a 2GB card which has worked in the past and that doesn't work either.
Also just tried a 16GB Samsung card (the others were both SanDisk) newly formatted with SDFormatter. No luck.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:43 PM   #132
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yep. Like I said I don't mind it (don't love it but don't hate it), just would like to make it more relevant overall by customizing it more. It does seem so far that the books I've marked either as Already Read or Not Interested have had what I've done "stick" so it looks promising.
I spoke to soon. All of the books I marked "Already read it" are still right there on my Recommended list so it didn't "stick".
Old 05-11-2017, 11:51 PM   #133
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I spoke to soon. All of the books I marked "Already read it" are still right there on my Recommended list so it didn't "stick".
Did you put in a rating? It looks like the book is only removed when you do that. Also, you need to close and reopen the list.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:06 AM   #134
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Yes I did (& synced multiple times as well), just like I did with the older firmwares when it didn't work. I not only closed and reopened the list, but have since factory reset the device and reloaded the firmware.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:52 AM   #135
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I saw something similar after I upgraded from 3.19 to 4.2, but I think it is because something has changed with the metadata that the Kobo server is sending out for synced books. After the upgrade some of my high-resolution cover images were replaced with low-resolution ones, and also a lot of the other metadata that I had used Calibre to correct got replaced with the publisher's original faulty metadata.

(This only hapened to synced KePub books, none of the metadata for my sideloaded ePubs was touched. So now all my synced books look pretty shabby comapred to the sideloaded ones.)
I have no synced book, so it can't be that for me.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote