Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #31
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
Quoting myself, brilliant. On my Vista machine everything works fine
@Ortep, It's important to quote the most brilliant person you know . Anyhow sorry for getting to you so late. I'm glad Vista is working. As for XP, the problem has to be Marcos related I know you mentioned you set the security low try to play with the security a little more.

@Abisha Excellent Bug report! It looks like you found a bug in the code. I'll try to get it fixed tonight.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:22 PM   #32
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
[Anyhow sorry for getting to you so late. I'm glad Vista is working. As for XP, the problem has to be Marcos related I know you mentioned you set the security low try to play with the security a little more.
No problem, we are in different time zones. It was not possible to set the security lower in XP. It is at its lowest. In Vista it is one step higher.
The difference is that the XP machine is my 'company' laptop. So it is possible the IT department did something else. But I did not had any problems with the 1.x versions on the XP computer

Last edited by Ortep; 09-18-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #33
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Beta/Development release of v2.5

Hi All,
It might be a while before I release the next version of BookCreator. There is some cleaning up and enhancements I like to get done before the next release. However most of the features are completed. For those wishing to try the bleeding edge I offer this release

Latest Changes
- Added EPUB eBook creation (requires Calibe 4.86 html2epub)
- Added Mobi eBook creation (requres MobiPerl's html2mobi)
- Added IMP eBook creation (requires ImpServ's impbuild)
- Replaced Stingo's Macro, and wrote a smarter word wrap fix. (it's still there but under a menu option)
Attached Files
File Type: zip BookCreator_v2.5-Development.zip (199.4 KB, 1115 views)
Old 09-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #34
=X=
Wizard

Converting a MSWord document

On Conversions
This section was removed from the main page since BookCreator 2.5 now contains eBook creation from the GUI. However these methods are still possible and may yield better results for complicated Word documents.

This program is designed solely for creating MSWord documents. The idea is to use other Book Conversions out there to create the target formatn. So any that creates an eBook from an MSWord file can be used by this tool.

I’ve had great success with the following tools

MobiReader /Sony Connect: Both these tools automatically convert the MS Word document to a supported format, there is no manual process. Simply importing the document to the application and it will automatically be converted. SONY Connect converts MSWord file to an RTF. While MobiReader converts the MSWord to Mobi.

MobiCreator: has a great conversion program that allows users to create professional MOBI files.

WordRMR: is a free Word Plugin that creates a LIT file from a MSWord file. See section below for more detail.

Calibre: While Calibre does not convert from MSWord, it can convert RTF, HTML, and LIT files easily, which are formats that MSWord easily exports to.

Lit2sb: Once a LIT file is created from the WordRMR plugin, drop the lit file on this program and it will easily churn an IMP file.
WordRMR
While I cannot think of any eBook reader out there except Windows Mobile PDA/Phones that support LIT files naively. Every eBook format has a decent LIT conversion tool out there. These programs also do a great job converting LIT to YOUR eBOOK FORMAT. I’ve tested different tools like LIT2MOBI, LIT2IMP, LIT2LRF with great success..

The WordRMR plugin by Microsoft allows for hte creation of LIT eBooks with just one button click.

Link to WordRMR

Once this file is created, you can use your favorite lit conversion programs. If there is any question as to what conversion programs exist feel free to post here.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:21 PM   #35
=X=
Wizard

BookCreator Tool v2.51 Patch Update!

PATCH 2.51 (Bug fix release)

Sorry for the quick turn around. I found a defect that needed an immediate fix.
-Multiple tool bars of the same name to get created .
-Fixed the chapter detection bug in ePUB creation, thanks to Kovid for the help.

=X=
Attached Files
File Type: zip BookCreatorV2.51.zip (212.9 KB, 1088 views)
Advert
Old 09-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #36
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

You are FAST

I tried the 2.x versions on my Vista computer. They work fine. On the XP (company) computer they refuse to load with a Visual Basic Message stating: Errors occured during load.
That happens even if I set the security to 'low'

The weird thing is that all the 1.x versions run fine on both computers

Is there anything that should be installed to have a version 2 running?
Old 09-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #37
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
You are FAST

I tried the 2.x versions on my Vista computer. They work fine. On the XP (company) computer they refuse to load with a Visual Basic Message stating: Errors occured during load.
That happens even if I set the security to 'low'

The weird thing is that all the 1.x versions run fine on both computers

Is there anything that should be installed to have a version 2 running?
Hmm... what version of 1.x. 1.4 was a basic template, 2.51 is more along the line if 1.5 where I suspect most of the potential security issues will occure. For instance, I'm calling the Win32 API, writing variables to the template, created a GUI form, and linked to the Regular expression library.

I've uploaded both 1.4 and 1.5 see which one works.

It would be helpful if you post a screen capture of the error message.

=X=
Attached Files
File Type: zip BookCreator_v1.04.zip (42.1 KB, 1074 views)
File Type: zip BookCreator_v1.05a.zip (110.1 KB, 1044 views)
Old 09-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #38
Ortep
Fanatic

I'll test them both and make a screen capture tomorrow. I'm at home now.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:36 AM   #39
Ortep
Fanatic

Good morning...I did the tests you asked for on the XP computer.

Version 1.04 loads fine, no problem at all. I get a warning that there are macro's and a request to enable them (That is to be expected)

Version 1.05a starts to load, askes me about the macro's and gives me the error. When I lower the security settings I do not get the warning, but I still get the error. That also happens if I choose to disable the macro's.

The error screen is included
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.jpg
Views:	1052
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	16671  
Old 09-30-2008, 05:10 PM   #40
=X=
Wizard

What version of Word do you have at work?

Also do this.
1) Open a black word document (do not use the BookCreator.dot template)
2) Depress the key combo (ALT + F11)
// This will open up the Microsoft Visual Basic editor.
3) Select menu option "Tools|References..."
// This will open up a "References" dialog box.
Two options here
4) In the list box look for a "Microsofte VBScript Regular Expressions *****" ( * mean any text)
======= OR=========
4) Depress the <Browse...> button and look for the file
C:\WIndows\System32\vbscript.dll

At this point the "*** Regular Expressions ***" option will be checked.

If you cannot find regular expressions on your system that is why it does not work.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 05-15-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:06 AM   #41
Ortep
Fanatic

Hi, I did what you asked.

Im running Word 2003 on both systems

First I looked on the Vista machine. Here I found two references to Microsoft VBScript Regular Expressions, Version 1.0 and 5.5. They were unchecked and BookCreator works fine.

This morning I did the same on the XP computer. Also the same two references none checked. When I looked for C:\WIndows\System32\vbscript.dll I could find it. But when I selected it, Mirosoft VBScript Globals was checked. BookCreator still didn't work

So it looks tha the VBScript.dll I have over here is doing somthing wierd. It would explain the difference in behaviour.

Later today I will test it on some other computers over here. Just to check if it is an anomaly on my system, or that it was a deliberate action from the IT department.

[edit]
Ok, it is working fine on several other computers here. So there is a problem with mine.
[/edit]

Last edited by Ortep; 10-01-2008 at 04:46 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:13 PM   #42
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I just added support to calibre for converting Open Document Format (ODT) files. You may want to look into migrating BookCreator to use OpenOffice instead, so that it becomes cross platform.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:34 AM   #43
=X=
Wizard

That is great. I'll look into porting the BC tool. While I've used OO extensively, I have zero experience writing macros or GUI so it will be quite a steep learning curve.

=X=
Old 10-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #44
Ortep
Fanatic

I had not much time the last few days, but today I tested my 'problem' by replacing the vbscript.dll with exactly the same one from one of the other computers here (They all have the same build cloned on them) It solved my problem. For one reason or another the DLL was corrupt.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:42 AM   #45
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
I had not much time the last few days, but today I tested my 'problem' by replacing the vbscript.dll with exactly the same one from one of the other computers here (They all have the same build cloned on them) It solved my problem. For one reason or another the DLL was corrupt.
You know I was going to suggest this. However what I was going to recommend was that you place this DLL in a different location.

It did not seem like the DLL was corrupt, but rather you had installed a different version of the DLL at some time.

I'm glad you have it working.

=X=