Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-01-2017, 05:03 PM   #346
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Just got a notification from eReaderIQ that Banking on Death, the first in the John Thatcher series by Emma Lathen, is now out on Kindle. I also see that When In Greece, the ninth in this series, is available too. I don't recognize the publisher - Simply Media? Although the price of $5.99 is a bit much for very old backlist titles, I do hope very much that this will be the start of getting this whole series in e-book!
Just discovered that the majority of Emma Lathen's John Putnam Thatcher series is now available as ebooks on Amazon and Kobo (checked US, UK & Canada). Amazon are also offering them as part of Kindle Unlimited.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:49 PM   #347
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
How odd. I could have sworn I had the first two in ebook, but apparently not. Well, you know they say that the memory is the second thing to go....
Ok, I'm not completely senile. I knew I saw them somewhere. The Chaos Gate is coming out as an ebook in May from Baen Books.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2017, 11:39 PM   #348
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Titles 1 - 15 in the Mamur Zapt series by Michael Pearce are now available in the US from Poisoned Pen Press at both Kindle and Kobo, and are VIP/couponable at Kobo. It is good they are couponable, because they are a little pricey for backlist, however this is one of my top five or so favorite series, so I'll be picking them up slowly whenever Kobo coupons or sales make them a little less. (Sigh for the days of unlimited-use Kobo coupons...)

As of now, I think the only Pearce/Mamur Zapt title not available in ebook is The Mark of the Pasha. Hopefully Poisoned Pen is just working their way through the series, and will get to this one too. (The last three in the series have been available in ebook from the time of first publication, by a different publisher, Severn House.)

Also, a bunch more titles in the Stone Angel series by Marvin Albert are available now from Wildside Press - only the last two are now still to come.

Oh, and another in the Johnny Ortiz series by Richard Martin Stern, so now there are two out - hopefully more to come...

And finally, all of the Mom titles (except the short story collection) from James Yaffe, but from one of the BPH, so outrageously priced for old backlist, and I won't be buying unless they go on sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Emma Lathen's John Thatcher series

R. B. Dominic's (pen name for Emma Lathen, which is itself a pen name for Mary Jane Latsis and Martha Henissart) Ben Safford series

Margot Arnold's Penny Spring/Sir Toby Glendower series

Patricia Moyes' Henry and Emmy Tibbett series

Richard and Frances Lockridge's Mr and Mrs North series (other than Dishonest Murderer)

Michael Pearce's early Mamur Zapt series (the last few have come out in ebook)

Manning Coles' Charles and James Latimer books and The Far Traveller

the rest of Helen Chappell's Hollis Ball/Sam Wescott series

Marvin Albert's Stone Angel series (supposedly coming sometime from Wildside Press - the first one is out, but no more have followed)

the early Andrew Greeley Bishop Blackie books (the beatitudes titles)

William Marshall's Yellowthread street series

Philip MacDonald's books (The Rasp is coming, perhaps the others will soon)

most of Delano Ames' books

Caroline Roe's Isaac of Girona series

and a whole bunch more authors...some of whom have one or two out in ebook, but not all...

Timothy Holme, Charles Goodrum, Kathryn Lasky Knight, Constance and Gwyneth Little, Frank Parrish, Hilary Waugh, James Yaffe, Richard Martin Stern

and Alfred Crosby's The Columbian Exchange

Last edited by sufue; 05-21-2017 at 11:44 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:30 PM   #349
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Thanks for the heads up @Sufue.

The Michael Pearce books are also available from Amazon & Kobo's Canadian stores, but not from the UK.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 01:32 PM   #350
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Ok, I'm not completely senile. I knew I saw them somewhere. The Chaos Gate is coming out as an ebook in May from Baen Books.
Just as a note, the book came out on schedule and I purchased a copy. Who knows, maybe if this does well, the first two will be converted.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2017, 04:42 PM   #351
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
One I would like to show up as ebook would be Lost Moon, about Apollo 13 by Jeffrey Kluger.

I have the hardcover, but would buy an ebook in a heartbeat to replace it! The author has a new book on Apollo 8 out, have a hold on the ebook at my library and looking forward to it!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:44 AM   #352
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I would kill to have Gödel, Escher, Bach by Douglas Hofstadter as an ebook .... sigh ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:50 AM   #353
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
I would love to have From the Terrace by John O'Hara as ebook. I just suffered reading over 900 pages paperback and realised yet again why I cannot go back to paper books.
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:29 PM   #354
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
I would love to have From the Terrace by John O'Hara as ebook. I just suffered reading over 900 pages paperback and realised yet again why I cannot go back to paper books.
John O'Hara seems to be coming to Kindle, a little at a time.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:28 AM   #355
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
John O'Hara seems to be coming to Kindle, a little at a time.
Yes, but that started around 3 or even more years back, so it's a bit slow.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:58 PM   #356
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
Yes, but that started around 3 or even more years back, so it's a bit slow.
Okay. Let me rephrase: John O'Hara seems to be coming to Kindle, at a glacial pace
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:12 PM   #357
Lady Stardust
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Okay. Let me rephrase: John O'Hara seems to be coming to Kindle, at a glacial pace
Old 06-14-2017, 12:12 PM   #358
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
there's no ebook version of michio kaku's "Hyperspace: A Scientific Odyssey Through Parallel Universes, Time Warps, and the Tenth Dimension". there are other books by this physicist that are ebooks, but not this one.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:42 PM   #359
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
there's no ebook version of michio kaku's "Hyperspace: A Scientific Odyssey Through Parallel Universes, Time Warps, and the Tenth Dimension". there are other books by this physicist that are ebooks, but not this one.
Oh yes there is

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hyperspace-.../dp/B00L93IOO6
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:40 PM   #360
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
wow. they realesed it in the uk but not in the u.s. that's new for me, since michio kaku is american (of japanese descent).

what the hey?
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote