Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 10:08 AM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:09 PM   #17
Melp
Melp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
I've downloaded the image, now what do I do to flash it to my SD ? Do I need a special program (sorry I don't know much about this).

Thanks,
Advert
Old 04-26-2016, 07:35 PM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have a look at Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. It is for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools needed are the same.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:01 AM   #19
Melp
Melp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
Thanks for your help ! Unfortunately it still displays Books Not Found although I can see them when it's connected to the computer. I'll try to find out another solution.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:37 AM   #20
Gewurz
Gewurz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo original
Davidfor, you seem to be the god of SD images for the original Kobo. Could you send me the image for the N647?

Much appreciated.
Advert
Old 04-28-2016, 07:44 PM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:28 PM   #22
dorxincandeland
dorxincandeland began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi n647
Can I get a link for the sd image for the N647 Kobo WiFi, Please?
Old 04-30-2016, 02:03 AM   #23
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:31 PM   #24
Gewurz

Thank you for the image - I got my Kobo working again!
One question though - if I connect to WiFi won't it just upgrade again? Is there a way to stop that from happening?

Also, the Kobo is now registered to a different email - how do I change it (there's probably a simple answer, but...)

Last edited by Gewurz; 04-30-2016 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:56 PM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewurz View Post
Thank you for the image - I got my Kobo working again!
One question though - if I connect to WiFi won't it just upgrade again? Is there a way to stop that from happening?
For the newer devices, the firmware update only happens when you do a sync. That means the WiFi can be turned on and the browser used without any problems. I don't know how the Kobo WiFi works with this. But, I don't remember any issues with upgrades after using the image. That might mean that everyone is avoiding the upgrade, or it could be working fine with the image.
Quote:
Also, the Kobo is now registered to a different email - how do I change it (there's probably a simple answer, but...)
Sorry, was the image I gave you logged into a user? I thought it was a fresh image taken after a factory reset and before the setup. In any case, you will need to sign out off that account on the device somehow. For the WiFi, that might mean you need to do a factory reset.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:21 AM   #26
Gewurz

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For the newer devices, the firmware update only happens when you do a sync. That means the WiFi can be turned on and the browser used without any problems. I don't know how the Kobo WiFi works with this. But, I don't remember any issues with upgrades after using the image. That might mean that everyone is avoiding the upgrade, or it could be working fine with the image.

Sorry, was the image I gave you logged into a user? I thought it was a fresh image taken after a factory reset and before the setup. In any case, you will need to sign out off that account on the device somehow. For the WiFi, that might mean you need to do a factory reset.
Thank you - the factory reset did the job of signing out of the other account. I'll let you know if it ends up trying to auto-update to the newer firmware.
Appreciate all your help!
Old 05-13-2016, 06:56 PM   #27
sirex89
sirex89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi (n647)
What desktop software are you using?
Old 05-24-2016, 08:14 PM   #28
aajabu
aajabu began at the beginning.

Device: none
If there is any way I could get a link to the image for the N647 it would be much I appreciated. I have an old model I've been trying to restore for a family friend.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:19 PM   #29
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent in response to the other post. Though I did see this one first.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:36 PM   #30
lasvistas
lasvistas began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO N647
Hi, I have a N647 that is on the same issue. May I get sd card image Please ? Thank you very much
Closed Thread

Tags
help needed, image, kobo, kobo firmware, kobo wifi