Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Marvin has been approved and is available on the App Store

Links for Marvin for iPhone and iPod touch are still propagating through the App Store. If you like, you can get it from marvinapp.com
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
evanbernstein
evanbernstein began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, Marvin
Huh-zah! Thanks for the great update and the iPhone version we've all been waiting for!

To celebrate this day, I've given you as much money as the app store will allow and purchased the iPhone app, and the themes for iPad. (Oddly enough, I'm getting an error on themes for the iPhone: "Oops. A problem occured getting the product list from the theme store. If this problem persists, you can contact us at support@marvinapp.com. I'm guessing this has to do with the fact that you still can't search for Marvin in the app store. If you think otherwise, I can send an email to you at support as well.)
evanbernstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks a lot for your support! Yes, I think that that's the problem. Hopefully, Marvin for iPhone will be indexed properly soon.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Lightbulb

Here is how everyone can thank Kris as much as possible, financially speaking, although (to be honest) it's just peanuts we're giving to Kris in return for his fabulous work:

Purchase the theme colours separately one by one, not in the Themes pack.

That's what I did with the iPad themes. Remember, Apple gets a cut of 30% out of the paltry amount we send to Kris, anyway...
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #5
RONE
Enthusiast
RONE began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S
Post a PayPal account and I'll bet some donations would find their way into it.
RONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
jennijennib
jennijennib began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iPad
Fantastic news! I only discovered Marvin in the last week after clinging to Stanza for far too long. I'm very glad to have found it and even more glad to have it available on my iPhone too now. Thanks for your stellar work!!
jennijennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
Wickedkitten
Wickedkitten began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
Bought and the iPhone app is brilliant
Wickedkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #8
kguil
Addict

Thanks for your support!
Old 09-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #9
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I don't have an iPhone right now, but getting the 5S and will buy it for that.

Should make a few more themes. You could color code Marvin to the 5C and 5S almost.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
kguil
Addict

Some of the 5Cs colours (especially) the yellow are too light to have white text on them. I'm not sure I like the "pink" (salmon???). Same for the gold/champagne 5s. I think it's too light for white text on it.

Also, the theme colours are calibrated to look reasonably well on all compatible generations of iPad, iPhone and iPod screens. A colour that looks good on an IP5 screen might look terrible on an iPad 1.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #11
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad & Bebook Neo
Great both versions are out. Will miss the old icon. Hadn't expected a new ipad version. Was pleasantly surprised. Saw some great new features. Thank.
maxjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #12
kguil
Addict

@maxjens - You're welcome. Glad you like it.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #13
kilikini
Enthusiast
kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3, KFire, iPad, iPhone
Best Friday the 13th ever! Love the new iPhone version, now I have Marvin on all my devices (iPhone, mini, and iPad), and can easily sync my place without having to do a search for a word or phrase. It looks wonderful, and I really appreciate all the hard work and attention to details that's gone into creating the app. Thank you so much!

(I'm also getting the product list error when I try to purchase the themes, but will keep trying until the transaction goes through.)
kilikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #14
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
I'm not sure I like the "pink" (salmon???).
I dislike all 5 colours Apple introduced for iPhone 5C. Each and every one of them is of a lighter shade than I prefer. I would prefer a darker green, darker blue, etc. etc. I don't know, but they all seem to me like... ladies' colours??!!

Also technologically, I don't think it's worth buying 5C over 5S. iPhone 5C is very expensive for what essentially is last year's model. Not worth saving $100 that way, in my opinion.

From among 5S options, too, I find "Gold" to be of a too light shade of the colour. And, my preferred device colour, Black, has been discontinued completely, being replaced by "Space Grey", which is only front-side black (thank heavens for that, at least).
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #15
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
True, I guess that's why most of them have the icon text in black.

I find the gold perfectly fine, but then that's the one I am getting once my contract is up in October, so I'm completely biased. I don't like the darker brownish golds though and Apple had a hard time selling that iPod the last time they made them in that color.

If it's in the iPhone version's IAP, I'll most definitely use the Sand theme.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote