Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
1966Hemi
1966Hemi began at the beginning.

Device: Edge
Edge Ermine Browser Issue

I just updated to ermine and my browser shuts down unexpectedly. Anyone else have this issue? Is there an aftermarket browser that is more stable.

Has anyone done a an update to ermine?
1966Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:36 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi Hemi!

Welcome to the MobileRead forum for the eDGe!

First, do you have the 10" eDGe or the 7" Pocket eDGe? If you have the big eDGe (EE) the browser crashing in Ermine is a known problem. I had it on mine until Gunner pointed out that you can disable Javascript and the browser will hardly ever crash.

The crashes occur with all browsers (at least for me, some people claim to have had good results with one browser or another).

The only problem with disabling Javascript is that some websites won't function fully without it. Sad, but better than near-constant crashing, in my opinion!

If you do a search in this forum you should find several threads under "browser crash".

Good luck!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
you might want to look at this thread for the browser crash fix.

FYI your problems are usually not unique and someone else has already solved/answered it. Do a quick search and your answer can be found. That way you won't have to wait too long for it

Last edited by tekknogenius; 11-08-2011 at 06:24 PM.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966Hemi View Post
I just updated to ermine and my browser shuts down unexpectedly. Anyone else have this issue? Is there an aftermarket browser that is more stable.

Has anyone done a an update to ermine?
I like Opera Mini. Unlike the stock Android browser, I haven't had any crashes using it on my EE with Ermine.

I prefer Opera Mini on my Pocket Edge because it displays webpages in a larger much easier to read format and is more suited for the smaller LCD screen.

Opera compresses a page and then delivers it in a markup language called OBML (Opera Binary Markup Language). Opera compresses webpages on the fly which makes transfer time about two to three times faster and the pre-processing also increases compatibility with web pages not designed for mobile devices.

http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/opera-mini

I have two PEs and an EE. Both upgraded to Ermine and I'm not looking back.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-09-2011 at 03:22 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote