Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #16
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Gunner, as far as I know there is no reliable way of reading exactly what all the hardware is. Most of the chips that would be of interest don't announce what they are to the world.

Moving on,I have set up a spread sheet for the serial numbers which appear to be in two parts. First part, 2 letters and 5 numbers, second part, 6 numbers.
The 2 letters have no meaning at the moment, too small a sample so far, the 5 numbers look like a date code of some sort with the remaining 6 numbers being the actual S/N within a given batch.

My S/N: WF20217100013.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #17
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Moving on,I have set up a spread sheet for the serial numbers which appear to be in two parts. First part, 2 letters and 5 numbers, second part, 6 numbers. The 2 letters have no meaning at the moment, too small a sample so far, the 5 numbers look like a date code of some sort with the remaining 6 numbers being the actual S/N within a given batch.
This seems similar to what you are saying? Link found in another thread.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #18
T-virus
T-virus began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage eDGe
I'm thinking of an other way that disable the hibernate function permanently!

(Seriously, since hibernate function is so unstable)
T-virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #19
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur
Erminio Mostacci began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe, iRex DR 1000, Cybook Gen3
I think in the same way, but I wasn't able to find a way to do.

Maybe, doing as root, with some file .sh or we must use some linux command on terminal to disable hibernate function. However I noticed that some common unix command aren't disposable (i.e.: lspci, lsusb, lsmod), therefore I think that the present command set isn't complete. Another doubt is that maybe it's necessary to recompile kernel for deactivating hibernate function, maybe un-charging some module. If this is the case, it's too much dangerous to proceed...

For now I can find nothing useful.
Erminio Mostacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #20
glenj
glenj began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-virus View Post
I'm thinking of an other way that disable the hibernate function permanently!

(Seriously, since hibernate function is so unstable)
This is what I'd like-I couldn't find an option anywhere on the EE, so if someone finds one, let me know.

Or you know...an update that'll fix it.
glenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #21
Armand
Armand began at the beginning.

Device: EE+PE, Samsung Q1P, Gateway tablet
Simple way around hibernation issue

I experience same hiberantion issue on my EE (not once on my PE) after upgrading to 2.2 .

I, like many others, have combed the web up and down for an answer. I have to admit I seriously thought to open up my EE and dezactivate the hinge switch so that it doesn't know I close it, didn't do it as I couldn't find any EE "autopsy" available to reffer to.

But the next best thing I do -and it works great for me- is to use the simple android Winamp. Find a low-bit rate mp3, put your EE to a golden silence and just close it so that LCD shuts down. It keeps the EE on, drains approx 30% of battery in 1 whole workday, so you can use the other 70% acc to your wishes. Doesn't even overheat.

It works great for me, better than wasting time to figure out exotic solutions.

Ps: PE charger works on EE and is like a cell-phone sized one.

Last edited by Armand; 07-28-2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: ps.
Armand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #22
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur

HI,
I want to try your Winamp's system on my EE with hibernation's issue, but I need some help.
1 - Can you write a link for free downloading some low-bit rate mp3 for testing?
2- How can I put EE to a golden silence?

Thanks
Old 07-28-2011, 03:41 PM   #23
Armand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erminio Mostacci View Post
HI,
I want to try your Winamp's system on my EE with hibernation's issue, but I need some help.
1 - Can you write a link for free downloading some low-bit rate mp3 for testing?
2- How can I put EE to a golden silence?

Thanks
1. You'll have to figure this one out.
2. No sound. There's just a phrase silence is golden

I appreciate your subtle sense of humor.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #24
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
I made a 31 second silent mp3 if that will suffice. I do not quite understand this method and I've yet to DL Winamp. Let me know if this file will suffice.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NO_SOUNDO.zip (1.0 KB, 217 views)
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:19 PM   #25
Armand

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokel22 View Post
I made a 31 second silent mp3 if that will suffice. I do not quite understand this method and I've yet to DL Winamp. Let me know if this file will suffice.
Lenght of file doesn't really matter, you'll activate repeat option in winamp. Make sure you have the power widget on so you can lock- turn off the LCD side. It does a simple thing, it prevents the EE from going into hibernation while not taking up much power.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:07 AM   #26
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
You guys have edge sr. or edje jr.? My PE doesn't seem to have these problems.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #27
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur

I have 2 EE and both have hibernation issue.
I tried Winamp work around, but after 5' or less they hibernate and then I can't resume them, also with Winamp running in background. Maybe I made some errors.
I really need some help about correct procedure.
Another thing is that I can't find mp3's files in music directory into Winamp's menu, can someone help? Really I can find into Winamp only downloaded free mp3 files.
Thanks
Old 07-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #28
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Kenny, the EE/eDGe Sr. has a much higher rate of hibernation failure than the PE/eDGe Jr. On the other hand, I think the PE has a higher rate of WSoD.

Erminio, I hope someone else can help you because I know nothing.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #29
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur

Thumbs up

Thanks Armand & Filark.

@ Mokel22 - GOOD! Your mp3 works very well.

I learn how using Winamp for hibernation's issues.
For now I tested only for 10-20' and it seems to prevent blocking device after closing.
Now I want to try for some hours.
Only little thing is that it seems to warm a little (only a little on the top pf the e-reader side, maybe CPU is there).

However i think that it shall confirmed situation (also for drain of battery), this work around is excellent.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:17 AM   #30
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur

Thumbs up

Nght test results - Workaround Armand.

Winamp working with NOSOUND.

h. 23.40 ----> battery: 91 % Begin Test

h. 00.28 ----> battery: 78 %

h. 03.28 ----> battery: 72 %

h. 09.42 ----> battery: 38 % END Test

RESUME always OK.

Tags
entourage edge, fix, hibernation issue