Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #61
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark View Post
hidari: http://www.astak.com/download/v5setu...TAK.091201.rar But I really recommend you instead use the 20100330 lbook one in this thread. It is great.

Ta for the link. took your advice ..Put the lbook FW on there. Love it so far... changing Fonts....makes me happy.among other things. Hope the battery is stable.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #62
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
What i hate about the Lbook FW is that when i take off the SD card and put a new one dont recognize it (says SD card not inserted) i need to turn ON/OFF for the PP to see it
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #63
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
mine is the jinke... Might go with the lbook one for a change... dancing firmwares this week.
something is really peculiar about your machine or how you use it. Can you shed some light perhaps? I am using the Jinke software now and the March 4th software before and never saw the problem. There has to be something different here.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #64
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Jusmee any chance you have a link to where I can get the December firmware... Kaser does not seem to have it....?
Thanks for pointing that out! I had the file on the server, but somehow didn't have a link for it on the web page. Fixed.
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #65
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
What i hate about the Lbook FW is that when i take off the SD card and put a new one dont recognize it (says SD card not inserted) i need to turn ON/OFF for the PP to see it
That seems weird!!!!!!!!!

I just tried three different cards, and never saw any problem, and especially did not see "SD card not inserted". FWIW, I am using only SD and not SDHC cards, so maybe that is why it is different for me?
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #66
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Who's got the link to the lbook firmware? I went through all five pages already and never saw the link mentioned.

Will I lose my bookmarks if I update?
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:41 PM   #67
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
something is really peculiar about your machine or how you use it. Can you shed some light perhaps? I am using the Jinke software now and the March 4th software before and never saw the problem. There has to be something different here.

Dale
well one problem is that I was on my second rotation o of battery cycle(PP is newly bought.). I was trying to follow the advice of drain it most of the way the first three times, which I never did on my Cybook or 505.

Anyways, I had the march firmware from Astak for two weeks. no problem... I was at four bars... Then I hear about he Jinke..firmware.. Pop it in... Had it for two days and it drained it to low battery... Did a 12 hour overnite charge and it went to three bars after 2 days. I read quite a bit but not that much.

The Jinke March fw annoyed me a bit due to its limits on epub/pdf size and lack of good Coolreader support.... So, Now with lbook. like it so far.

Last edited by hidari; 04-04-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #68
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
well one problem is that I was on my second rotation o of battery cycle(PP is newly bought.). I was trying to follow the advice of drain it most of the way the first three times, which I never did on my Cybook or 505.

Anyways, I had the march firmware from Astak for two weeks. no problem... I was at four bars... Then I hear about he Jinke..firmware.. Pop it in... Had it for two days and it drained it do low battery... Did a 12 hour overnite charge and it went to three bars after 2 days. I read quite a bit but not that much.

The Jinke March fw annoyed me a bit due to its limits on epub/pdf size and lack of Coolreader support.... So, Now with lbook. like it so far.
Hopefully it was just breaking in the battery you were seeing. lBook is pretty close to the same although they have some nice extra features I wouldn't think battery life to be one of them. At least I didn't notice much difference when I tried it. It seems that each version leapfrogs the last. lBook is better for a while, then Jinke (Astak) and then back again. lBook is definitely leading edge when they are first released.

Dale

Dale
Old 04-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #69
hidari
MR Drone

Ta. Will stick with lbook for now. being able to add fonts is great... I am doing it on the internal memory with no problem.... so far.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #70
hidari
MR Drone

Quote:
Ta. Will stick with lbook for now. being able to add fonts is great... I am doing it on the internal memory with no problem.... so far.

Have the Fonts working for the menu but not for Coolreader 3. Any suggestions. I have the fonts on the SD card... works fine for the menu... all of them are labeled .ttf

would love to have unlimited fonts on Cool reader.....

tried Fonts on the IM... did not work.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:27 AM   #71
rxsz
Connoisseur
rxsz began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Have the Fonts working for the menu but not for Coolreader 3. Any suggestions. I have the fonts on the SD card... works fine for the menu... all of them are labeled .ttf

would love to have unlimited fonts on Cool reader.....

tried Fonts on the IM... did not work.
I just dragged fonts from Vista straight onto folder /fonts/ at root of SD. Works fine when using Coolreader 3 to read .txt files. As far as I can see, there're 4 pages of 8 selections each, so not quite "unlimited", but quite a few!
rxsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:29 AM   #72
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
That's weird.. I have at least 30 fonts (yeah I went overboard) they're all in a folder on the sd card called "fonts" (lowercase). But first let's make sure there hasn't been an overlooked option.. in coolreader with a book open, press the ok button to get the options. Then press 8 for settings, then press 1 to choose font face. Then press ok again and see if it works for you.

If not, then in the folder, the file extensions are ".ttf" not ".TTF". Filenames as such:

ExampleR.ttf (Regular)
ExampleB.ttf (Bold)
ExampleBI.ttf (Bold Italic)
ExampleI.ttf (Italic)

The PP likes the R, B, BI, I thing, but it's not completely mandatory except for Mobipocket in which case it is.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:33 AM   #73
hidari
MR Drone

Quote:
That's weird.. I have at least 30 fonts (yeah I went overboard) they're all in a folder on the sd card called "fonts" (lowercase). But first let's make sure there hasn't been an overlooked option.. in coolreader with a book open, press the ok button to get the options. Then press 8 for settings, then press 1 to choose font face. Then press ok again and see if it works for you.

If not, then in the folder, the file extensions are ".ttf" not ".TTF". Filenames as such:

ExampleR.ttf (Regular)
ExampleB.ttf (Bold)
ExampleI.ttf (Italic)

The PP likes the R, B, BI, I thing, but it's not completely mandatory except for Mobipocket in which case it is.
THANK YOU SUNSPARK..... I spent 2 hours trying to figure the problem Then... I saw our fonts lower case.... Duh... Sometimes my stupidity astounds me. Now I have 4 pages of fonts on CR 3.0...

Cheers.

PS. Loving Lbook now... and coolreader...........
Old 04-05-2010, 02:23 AM   #74
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
Who's got the link to the lbook firmware? I went through all five pages already and never saw the link mentioned.
Second page, post #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
Will I lose my bookmarks if I update?
No, the update works exactly the same as the Astak (Jinke) updates do. I did not actually test bookmarks, but after the update I reopened the book that I had been reading at was returned to exactly the same screen that I had left off.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #75
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

ExampleR.ttf (Regular)
ExampleB.ttf (Bold)
ExampleI.ttf (Italic)

I have similar but the R is left off the regular font. It works in all formats I have tried include Cool Reader. Perhaps both will work but the published recommendation from Jinke does not have the R.

Dale