Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 06:50 PM   #106
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
I hate DRM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I'm not holding out for PayPal, but I don't buy DRM.

(Also, for some reason the bookstore is blocked from work. No *other* ebook stores are blocked, not even ones like Torquere; I have no idea what's in ezread.com/myezread.com's metadata that triggers work's nanny software. It worked last week. Hm.)
Dear All:

We ARE getting PayPal. That is very important. I will try to speed it up!

Regarding DRM, I share your feelings on it. We ARE going after Independent Authors and Publishers who also detest DRM. Steven Lake is only the first. Steven has a buring hatred of DRM. We have to offer some titles with DRM simply because the publishers require it for the latest titles. But, we do not have to like it.

We should be attending the IDPF conference this year in New York where several people will talk about selling books without ANY DRM and how successful that has been for them.

I am at a loss for why you cannot get www.EZread.com from work. That is VERY odd. Are you typing in the "www" first?
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #107
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Regarding DRM, I share your feelings on it. We ARE going after Independent Authors and Publishers who also detest DRM. Steven Lake is only the first. Steven has a buring hatred of DRM. We have to offer some titles with DRM simply because the publishers require it for the latest titles. But, we do not have to like it.
The question is, how will the site indicate which books don't have DRM? (And secondary question, will users be able to filter searches for books w/o DRM?)

Quote:
I am at a loss for why you cannot get www.EZread.com from work. That is VERY odd. Are you typing in the "www" first?
Yep. And trying to go to the same site, stored in browser memory, as I went to before. It's possible that work updated their filters and something is blocking it, but I suspect that, since the code on the site is going through changes, something at the site has changed and it triggers the "blockpage.cgi" script. (The annoying one, that doesn't even tell me why it's blocked, rather than the Websense warning that says what category the block is from.)

I'd say "shrug, doesn't matter"--except if my work is blocking it, others probably are, and you'd probably rather not accidentally trigger that.

And, sigh, can't contact my IT people and ask why it's blocked; the official answer is always "whatever it's blocking, you're not allowed to visit."
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 06:19 AM   #108
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I suggest a
1) Shattered padlock?
2) A book with Wings (free to fly).

Alternately
1) a Book with a Noose
2) a book with a padlock
3) a book with a ball and chain
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote