Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #61
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Will the Mentor Lite be getting this upgrade, or is it needed?
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #62
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoro View Post
Hi Robertb
Will this new firmware support files deleting/moving on the reader?
It will be so helpfull.
I agree, this would be a useful feature.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2010, 11:48 AM   #63
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
Thanks. It would be great if this format was possible to read. Also better DOC support would be good.
What do you find wrong with the DOC support?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #64
Carlos 31
Carlos 31 began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader pocket pro 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post

Dale
It should let you zoom the document at least x 3 (not talking about changing the orientation )
Carlos 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #65
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos 31 View Post
It should let you zoom the document at least x 3 (not talking about changing the orientation )
Ah yes, that is not unique to DOC format. I would agree that lots of the formats need more zoom options. For doc you can use word to increase the font size to get larger zooms on the document and then transfer it to the device. Start with about 24 point font and see where that gets you.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #66
vidgej
vidgej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Laura:

It has been about 4 months since I brought up the LIT problem to the factory. At first all I got was "it only has problems with large files". But, several people on MobileRead denied this. The last I got was: "alright, I will have my engineers look into this".

I will today check on whether better support for LIT is part of the upgrade.
Please push the LIT upgrade. thanks for listening to us!
vidgej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:26 PM   #67
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
If programmers now were as good as programmers then, we would not need so much memory or hard drive space.
I don't know about that. Programs now are exponentially more complex than the ones from the olden days. Remember programming languages back then were mainly procedural and with the advent of object-based programming, many new tasks are easier to program and conceptually visualize, but at the same time some applications require a massive workload by hundreds if not thousands of personnel. It's not as easy as it sounds to manage a concise, up-to-date, and bug free source code when the programming team is comprised of over a dozen programmers.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:28 PM   #68
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post

Dale
Just as Carlos said, need more zoom options. I do not like reading in landscape mode and that is pretty much the only way you could read a DOC format without a magnifying glass. Otherwise I find if I read it on the x2 zoom I can only read for a short time before getting extremely frustrated with the thing. I also find this problem with PDF's. A lot of people with the PP have had good experience with PDF's but so far I have not. I've converted most of them to something else. But the main reason I bought the PP was so that I wouldn't have to convert things but I've still ended up having to convert DOC, LIT and PDF and it is annoying.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:27 AM   #69
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Just as Carlos said, need more zoom options. I do not like reading in landscape mode and that is pretty much the only way you could read a DOC format without a magnifying glass. Otherwise I find if I read it on the x2 zoom I can only read for a short time before getting extremely frustrated with the thing. I also find this problem with PDF's. A lot of people with the PP have had good experience with PDF's but so far I have not. I've converted most of them to something else. But the main reason I bought the PP was so that I wouldn't have to convert things but I've still ended up having to convert DOC, LIT and PDF and it is annoying.
Newer firmware offers NINE zooms for PDF. I have found this is enough. At least it is for me.
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:49 AM   #70
Laura81
Addict

Quote:
Newer firmware offers NINE zooms for PDF. I have found this is enough. At least it is for me.
My problem is none of my PDF's will zoom.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:20 AM   #71
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
My problem is none of my PDF's will zoom.
They must all be graphics ported to PDF? I can't of why else they wouldn't zoom...

If yew switch to XPDF, yew can go landscape and zoom that way with graphics. It might work for yew? *Blink*
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #72
Laura81
Addict

Quote:
They must all be graphics ported to PDF? I can't of why else they wouldn't zoom...

If yew switch to XPDF, yew can go landscape and zoom that way with graphics. It might work for yew? *Blink*
When I get my new one I could try it, but I don't really like reading in landscape mode. Oh and not sure if they are graphics or not. I download them from someone so no clue what they are.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #73
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
When I get my new one I could try it, but I don't really like reading in landscape mode. Oh and not sure if they are graphics or not. I download them from someone so no clue what they are.
Open the document on your PC with Adobe Reader
Try and select a sentence with your Mouse.
If toy can select Just the Sentence, it is words.
If only a major chunk (or the whole page) selects, it is a Graphic of words.
The former can re-flow. The later is WYSIWYG.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:17 PM   #74
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
I would say your pdfs soud all like simple photo copies and not searchable pdfs. You shoulld get something like PDF transformer from ABBYY. IT converts pdfs to searchable ones that zoom very easily. .lit is easy to convert with caliibre. Doc....I would never think to read a .doc txt on a reader. The PP iis great at pdf, fb2 and epub. Doc needs working on.

Landscape mode: funny. I read 80 percent in landscape mode. I find it more comfortable,
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:58 PM   #75
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Landscape mode: funny. I read 80 percent in landscape mode. I find it more comfortable,
I dis-like the short page in Landsscape mode.

That is why I like my PEz. We all have options on how we choose to use it.
Right-handed. Left-handed, Landscape. Tiny fonts.Big Fonts. One of many publishing formats.
Thank goodness, the Government did not design book readers into:
"One Size Fits All"
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote