Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #46
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Webmaster working on it!

Dear Dale and all:

Yes, ALL of the firmware upgrades on the site are down right now as the WebMaster in Taiwan has not slept and is trying to get this available for all.

The reason it is down is to fix the problem. He cannot fix it on the website I guess and needs to pull it all down to make this latest Firmware Upgrade downloadable.

We are aware, we are working on it, we expect all to be working and downloadbale soon.

The latest from him was two minutes ago. He still has no idea. It could be our website so he pulled eberything down regarding all uploads. I know it is Friday and all want their upgrade!! I got it on mine and I love it!! But... putting it up on the website is the problem.

Remember... on the first page of this thread I did tell all how to reset the clock once you do get the download.

We are working hard on this!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #47
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
We are working hard on this!!
The worst thing about web programming is when there is a problem and yew can't figure out what it is.

That guy in Taiwan likely has a semicolon out of place. Heh.

That's what the problem turned out to be for me more than once.

Those are also the problems that are hardest to find!
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #48
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is up and working!!~

Dear All:

He got it working!!

Please go to the website and do the Firmware Upgrade!!

FinallY!! And thank you for the humor and patience!!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #49
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
The download is now operational! Thank you WebMaster....now get some well deserved sleep.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #50
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

jinx!
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 09:07 PM   #51
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I Am downloading a 104MB called 8.rar as I type. Way to Go!

Last edited by theducks; 12-11-2009 at 09:10 PM. Reason: 4 dang it
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:09 PM   #52
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Congrats Ducks, I got it down...soon my pez will be swedish but not blonde .
Old 12-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #53
Robertb

I have spare blonds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Congrats Ducks, I got it down...soon my pez will be swedish but not blonde .
Dear Javed:

Let me do a firmware upgrade to send you and Ducks a few blonds!!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #54
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

@ Robert, wow that is service!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #55
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
The new Firmware Upgrade is more than 300MB. As FUs go, this is a lot!

I guess putting a visable clock on there was no small amount of work! OR... putting support of three other languages are accounting for the larger size!
Neither one should account for it. How can adding a few features more than double the size of the firmware? Did they put another 20 formats in as well?
Old 12-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #56
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
Neither one should account for it. How can adding a few features more than double the size of the firmware? Did they put another 20 formats in as well?
Firmware still 127M unpacked
Old 12-11-2009, 09:38 PM   #57
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

The clock seems really good. It is in the status bar. Inside an epub it isn't there but it comes up when I press OK, which I think is just great. Whilst playing music, and a book is open, the scroll bar does increase and decrease volume quite well (though there is a slight delay). When I press the scroll bar in then the music stops. Pressing it again doesn't seem to resume the music but instead pops up the menu window with options regarding the text. Page turns using scroll bar are not accommodated at the moment whilst music is playing. Overall I am happy with this update but still think scroll bar functionallity can be further enhanced. The pressing in and then moving the scroll bar up and down could maybe be used for music volume adjustment instead, and the up/down without pressing in for the page turns, IMHO. Thank you Robert and team Astak/Jinke! You always keep on enhancing and improving, and it is appreciated.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:52 PM   #58
theducks
Well trained by Cats

I can confirm that the Jog Wheel works to shut off the music on a press, at which time the Jog wheel reverts to standard mode.
I wish that a short press Pauses or Resumes and a Long Press Stops/Cancels Music Play

Last edited by theducks; 12-11-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #59
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I wish that a short press Pauses or Resumes and a Long Press Stops/Cancels Music Play
I agree, that would be good.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #60
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate

Do I understand right that if one were to press and hold the power button and turn the device all the way off, the clock would be reset?