Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #46
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
Robert,

I currently have the Lbook firmware on my PP, and I like the rounded menus. Is that an option with this new firmware?
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #47
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrixx View Post
Robert,

I currently have the Lbook firmware on my PP, and I like the rounded menus. Is that an option with this new firmware?
Is there anyway you can take a photo?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #48
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
I am having issues with .lit files on my Pocket Pro as well.

The biggest one seems to be with books that have HTML links to outside web pages (author fan sites and such) They dont display and Caliber tends to choke on format shifting them.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #49
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Just went to the firmware page on theezreader.com and everything says undefined so I don't know what to download.

If you break out of the flash, it works.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #50
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
@Omro

The website occasionally does that. It is the third one down for the Pocket Pro latest firmware.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2009, 08:56 PM   #51
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrixx View Post
Robert,

that is an lBook feature. Not even Hanlin has that feature. If you want lBook you will have to load lBook. They would have to give permission for Hanlin to take their code.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #52
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
I am having issues with .lit files on my Pocket Pro as well.

The biggest one seems to be with books that have HTML links to outside web pages (author fan sites and such) They dont display and Caliber tends to choke on format shifting them.
The fact that Calibre chokes is certainly not Hanlin or Astaks problem. The pocket pro does not support web browsing so outside web links cannot work.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #53
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Thomas:

Dealing with Fictionwise (owners of eReader) alone was an easy and wonderful thing. We expected and saw no problem. Then, in an instant, Fictionwise got purchased by Barnes & Noble. Nobody saw it coming.
I am aware of this. I think the rest of us are, too. It is just one of those unfortunate things that happens. If B&N doesn't know what is good for them, then that is their problem. I don't think anyone can hold this against yew.

But there ARE things that are the responsibility of Astak. The .lit, which apparently they are working on, and also look at HTML. That could use some work as well. Oh, and some kind of in device file management would be nice... Others are asking for working bookmarks and dictionaries. The list goes on.

But as for ereader, sigh, I guess we have to let that one go. I really don't ever expect it, given the current circumstances. It will be a nice bonus for us if it ever occurs.

I am beginning to think maybe yew ARE listening to us.

I like that.

Last edited by ThomasMcKean; 12-03-2009 at 09:56 PM.
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #54
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
that is an lBook feature. Not even Hanlin has that feature. If you want lBook you will have to load lBook. They would have to give permission for Hanlin to take their code.

Dale
Are you certain of that? Isn't the software GPL'd?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #55
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Are you certain of that? Isn't the software GPL'd?
If it is, why doesn't Astak have the latest FB2 parser?
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:39 AM   #56
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
If it is, why doesn't Astak have the latest FB2 parser?
According to the Sourceforge CoolReader page, the CoolReader engine is GPL licensed.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/develop
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:49 AM   #57
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Somebody else wrote about 10% increments on the Battery Charge Life meter. Remember, it is a rough guide and not a gas gauge on a car (although they aren't too exact either lately). Please do not look at that gauge as an infallible and exact measurement.
It is understood that no battery remaining charge indicator can be totally accurate, since remaining charge is affected by many factors and the discharge curve is not a straight line anyway. However, the finer granularity of charge indication, like OpenInkpot has, is still quite useful in monitoring your rate of charge usage.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:11 AM   #58
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
It is understood that no battery remaining charge indicator can be totally accurate, since remaining charge is affected by many factors and the discharge curve is not a straight line anyway. However, the finer granularity of charge indication, like OpenInkpot has, is still quite useful in monitoring your rate of charge usage.
Absolutely, if nothing else, you can get to learn how it behaves, and judge for yourself how long it will last, similar to what you do with a fuel gauge in a car.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #59
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
But as for ereader, sigh, I guess we have to let that one go. I really don't ever expect it, given the current circumstances. It will be a nice bonus for us if it ever occurs.

I am beginning to think maybe yew ARE listening to us.

I like that.
I've just about reached the same conclusion about eReader. I've started getting ePub versions of the few books I view as essential and deleted my links to B&N and eReader.com. This reminds me of what happened when "the big boys" took ownership of a word processor I once used. It was called Wordstar and was pretty good, but desperately in need of an update. Old line executives don't seem to understand the finer points of the digital economy.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #60
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
I've just about reached the same conclusion about eReader. I've started getting ePub versions of the few books I view as essential and deleted my links to B&N and eReader.com. This reminds me of what happened when "the big boys" took ownership of a word processor I once used. It was called Wordstar and was pretty good, but desperately in need of an update. Old line executives don't seem to understand the finer points of the digital economy.
Ahhh... Wordstar! Dot commands, control key short cuts, really the best most flexible word processor I ever used...
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote