Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-21-2009, 05:46 PM   #91
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I think the intention was that you'd notice the tiny page numbers that they embed in the text on the right hand side. Trouble is, they are pale, tiny, and the often obscure a letter or two of the text.
Those are original format, page numbers, which may be 3 screens befor you see the change.
Also, resuming those books, takes you to the screen with the page number, not the (sub)screen that you were on.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:01 AM   #92
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Not sure if it has been mentioned. I noticed today with the latest firmware when keyboard lock is on, if you happen to press any button the activity light does not flash - leading me to believe that the press does not register at all thus saving power.

This is different to the previous version where if you had the keyboard lock on and presses a button the activity light would flash (but nothing would happen on the screen being in lock mode) - hence using power.

So it seems for those of you who carry your PP around in your bags/pockets that during keyboard lock an accidental press of a button will not cause battery usage if using the latest firmware. This latest update IMHO is a damned good update.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #93
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I noticed today with the latest firmware when keyboard lock is on, if you happen to press any button the activity light does not flash - leading me to believe that the press does not register at all thus saving power.
I suspect that this is because the machine wasn't being properly shut down on the previous firmware release, so all of the keys were still somewhat active when in keyboard lock mode (ie, the keyboard was still active, still being 'scanned' by the hardware). Now that it's properly shut down (in the latest firmware), ONLY the power button has the ability to wake the unit back up, hence the other buttons aren't seen and no CPU activity and no light flash.
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:53 PM   #94
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
I just got my new PP today. Would it already have the latest firmware update on it or should I update it?
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #95
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
I just got my new PP today. Would it already have the latest firmware update on it or should I update it?
Look at
Menu Key
6) Settings
4) About
Firmware version s/b V2.10ASTAK.091104

Actually, if there is not a 5)Time and Date below that 4)
you need to update.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #96
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Not necessarily. The one I purchased had firmware that was months old.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:30 PM   #97
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Thanks for the instructions! I am going out now but when I get home tonight will follow those and check it out. Then figure out how to update it.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #98
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Thanks for the instructions! I am going out now but when I get home tonight will follow those and check it out. Then figure out how to update it.
Updating is very easy. Just download the *.bin file, copy it to the SD card, then power on the PP while holding the top right arrow button (on LHS of the reader). Detail instructions are on the download website.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:13 AM   #99
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Looking forward to the next update; hopefully it has some great new little enhancements (crossing fingers for dictionary).
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #100
jotekman
Enthusiast
jotekman is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
In ePUB just hit the menu/OK button and it will show you exactly how far you are by displaying the page you are on and the last page number. With those two numbers you can just think of them as a fraction as they are displayed which indicates the distance you have traversed. Subtracting from 1 will tell you how far it is to the end (or just subtract the first number from the last to tell you how many pages are left.

Dale
Yeah, I do check the page with the OK button, but like someone else said, yeah, I am one of those who prefers the status bar, and I would prefer to see the battery and all that, though I did like the rtf one where its not a solid line but the background of it is still white. Oh well. Its not even close to a dealbreaker, but just a little quirk. I still love my ebook. Especially being an American living overseas in a non-English speaking country, its a blessing (I have just about sucked all the local bookstores dry of all the English books that I like!)
jotekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #101
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Improved Page Turn Speed

How does the faster page turn speed of the latest Pocket Pro firmware compare to the Sony PRS-600? The specifications are comparable so I would expect Hanlin to eventually catch up to (the much more expensive) Sony, and I wonder how far the latest update takes the device.
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote