Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #31
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
It has been explained to me that all you do is push in on the "nib" (the protrusion on the scroll wheel) to get into another mode. Once you are in the mode you want (for example "volume", you control with up and down on the scroll wheel.

If you published proper instructions and update descriptions, you'd have this information. Word of mouth is no way to be running things.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:08 PM   #32
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbow9 View Post
Anybody got a mirror for the V5 update file? The download page is now showing the "undefined" error.
Funny that they apparently can't find any problem with their website, but users keep reporting this problem.
Advert
Old 11-10-2009, 11:10 PM   #33
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Could we please get a status bar with page numbers and battery life for epub files? I was rather dissapointed that this firmware update didn't include that
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:13 PM   #34
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut View Post
The bookmark bug with bookmarks only working properly with folders that do not have spaces, etc. in them has NOT been fixed.
Wonderful
Old 11-11-2009, 03:54 AM   #35
aegeus
Enthusiast
aegeus began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader 5
I have downloaded and installed the latest firmware; however I think there's still much to do; let me list the missing parts from my point of view:

1. The default zoom level in .txt files is still 3 level (two normal one landscape mode); however this format is the basis of all formats before conversion and it's very easy to use. Therefore I believe that a 5 level zoom like in pdf's is necessary.

2. I think to be able to change the font type during reading would be perfect; without going back and forth between settings etc.

3. I am happy with the time and date support; however it's not displayed during reading with pdf or txt files. I think a small status bar showing the date - time, page number and battery condition would be perfect.

4. By the way I have just realized that the date and time is reset with shutdown which makes this update funny at least ) I always shut down my device for good battery life, like I believe as many people do the same. The reset of the date and time with shutdown is very funny.

So far these are my findings.

Regards.

Last edited by aegeus; 11-11-2009 at 03:59 AM.
aegeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2009, 04:10 AM   #36
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegeus View Post
By the way I have just realized that the date and time is reset with shutdown which makes this update funny at least ) I always shut down my device for good battery life, like I believe as many people do the same. The reset of the date and time with shutdown is very funny.
I always shut mine down too, and for the same reason.
I won't be resetting the clock each time.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:24 AM   #37
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad View Post
Hello Robert,

Thank you very much for a new firmware. Font sizes are much better. Could you please ask your tech people about bookmark issue as well (not working with folders with spaces in them) ? I did report it to Astak some time ago and I was told it would be fixed.
about fixing bookmark bug please.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:12 AM   #38
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
4. By the way I have just realized that the date and time is reset with shutdown which makes this update funny at least ) I always shut down my device for good battery life, like I believe as many people do the same. The reset of the date and time with shutdown is very funny.

So far these are my findings.

Regards.
I've not turned off my Mini for over a week. It still has a full battery (haven't had time to read a lot on it...) So, you don't have to shut down to preserve battery!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:39 AM   #39
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
4. By the way I have just realized that the date and time is reset with shutdown which makes this update funny at least )
A clock can not run without power, and power down on the PocketPRO is a total power down. The keylock is a power down of everything except the sleep clock and SDRAM refresh. Since the sleep clock is the source of the Time of Day clock, the clock time is kept correctly.

Quote:
I always shut down my device for good battery life
Depending on how many times per day that you do that, you may actually use more power with frequent power downs, since a lot of power is used during the power up sequence. Now that the PockePRO's power leak has been fixed, the battery life just using keylock is extremely good. On the V3 with OI, I NEVER turn the power off, and the battery life is in weeks when I only read a few hundred pages per day.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:11 AM   #40
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Depending on how many times per day that you do that, you may actually use more power with frequent power downs, since a lot of power is used during the power up sequence. Now that the PockePRO's power leak has been fixed, the battery life just using keylock is extremely good. On the V3 with OI, I NEVER turn the power off, and the battery life is in weeks when I only read a few hundred pages per day.
Someone did the calculations for an older Cybook (the EB100 64M one). For that, a single power cycle used as much power as about 15 minutes of reading. Different hardware of course, but it's a data point.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:49 AM   #41
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Someone did the calculations for an older Cybook (the EB100 64M one). For that, a single power cycle used as much power as about 15 minutes of reading. Different hardware of course, but it's a data point.
Well, that is more detailed information than I have. Were those calculations for about 2 page turns per minute?
I just did a rough estimate based on the average current usually needed by the sleep subsystem compared to the current ARM uses when being clocked full speed. Since I have not seen the actual schematic and component data for the Jinke hardware my estimate is very rough.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:59 AM   #42
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
2. Finally the font size increases will be changed!! So many have found them either too big or too small. This should, hopefully, give you font size increases that are just right!!
The only way you're ever going to be able to make everybody happy is to make the font size selection "user configurable". Might I suggest that you consider doing so?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #43
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Well, that is more detailed information than I have. Were those calculations for about 2 page turns per minute?
IIRC, yes.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #44
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Quote:
1. The default zoom level in .txt files is still 3 level (two normal one landscape mode); however this format is the basis of all formats before conversion and it's very easy to use.

2. I think to be able to change the font type during reading would be perfect; without going back and forth between settings etc.

3. I am happy with the time and date support; however it's not displayed during reading with pdf or txt files. I think a small status bar showing the date - time, page number and battery condition would be perfect.
You should try Ukrainian firmware ( http://lbook.ua/ru/downloads/firmwarev5 ). As it uses CoolReader for reading .txt, you'll get all you want at least for .txt files.
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:42 AM   #45
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I'd like a real comparison between the various firmwares... At least for the most used formats (txt, html, epub, mobi, pdf, did I forget one?)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote