Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-29-2009, 06:25 PM   #31
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
So how would you prove you didn't get a package, when the UPS guy says he delivered it ... once he chucks it anywhere on your property, it's your business to make sure it doesn't get stolen?

Anyhow, I just think it's odd.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #32
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
So how would you prove you didn't get a package, when the UPS guy says he delivered it ... once he chucks it anywhere on your property, it's your business to make sure it doesn't get stolen?

Anyhow, I just think it's odd.
I think if it gets lost, it is their fault, specially if signature is required
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #33
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
fedex delivered it at 3pm. I was planning on coming home at about 3:30 or so, since last time they got here after 5pm, but oh well....
It's now safe in my hands and best of all, it's not dead
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #34
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
Funny, I stumbled across this fine specimen of a UPS delivery professional:
http://www.break.com/index/ups-man-throws-package.html

What I don't understand: does UPS just dump your stuff on your doorstep? Is this normal? Or only in rural areas?

In Austria they can only deliver something when someone signs that they got the package - which is either you or a friendly neighbor.
The shipper can require a signature or the delivery company does if the value of the delivery is big enough. But not required for a Pocket Pro from Astac.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:29 PM   #35
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Yeah, mines been stuck in one location too. It's on time, but it looks like they throttle there service. "This will teach our customer not to give us more money!"

SAN PABLO, CA, US
09/26/2009 3:59 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
09/26/2009 1:27 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
SAN JOSE, CA, US
09/25/2009 10:35 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
09/25/2009 8:51 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US
09/25/2009 7:30 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #36
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
The shipper can require a signature or the delivery company does if the value of the delivery is big enough. But not required for a Pocket Pro from Astac.
The shipper can require a signature anytime, UPS charges extra for the service to residences.
Fedex requires signatures unless a "Signature release" is on file OR you send "Signature Required".

Booze and Firearms require "Adult Signature Only" and can not be waived by any carrier.

UPS allow drivers to "Driver Release" in "safe residential areas" , where the package can be placed out of sight from passers by.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #37
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
In Australia, 'registered' mail requires a signature. However, half the posties I've come across consider that dumping the parcel on a verandah and scrawling something on their own docket counts as a 'receiver signature', and it's faster. Sigh.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:37 AM   #38
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
The first time I received my PEZ, I was home. I went outside and he hand-delivered it to me. However, I looked on the package.. "Signature Required", I turned back around and the truck was already pulling out.

UPdate!
PHP Code:
     LENEXAKSUS    09/29/2009     3:02 A.M.    ARRIVAL SCAN 
     LENEXA
KSUS    09/29/2009     3:43 P.M.    DEPARTURE SCAN 
So it stays in Lenexa for over 12 hours? This is getting preposterous.

Let me spin this Location Wheel and see where we'll end up next.....

Last edited by griffonwing; 09-30-2009 at 09:42 AM.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #39
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What you want is UPS Sonic Air service.
They hand carry your package every step and it moves on aircraft and ground, NOW.
Oh! The fee is 5 to 6 figures

KS appears to be a Hub.

It is normal for Ground packages to be sorted all day, Full-up trailers are queued for drivers (and additional drivers are scheduled when the load grows past daily normal).
Drivers leave on a schedule. Un-loaders work on a schedule. Loaders work on a schedule.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:36 AM   #40
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know. LR is also a hub. I'm just trying to figure out why it had to go all the way down the LR, then back up past me to KS. The only think I can figure out is that since I live in AR, it had to go to an AR hub first. Then, for some unknown reason, it had to go to the KS hub for shipment to CA. All of this makes sense in a technical way, but it's still aggravating that after 3 days of actual travel, it only made it 5 hours away.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:14 PM   #41
Toeknee
Enthusiast
Toeknee began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader Pro
I guess we have to place package shipping logistics right up there with making laws and sausages. You don't want to see how it's done.
Toeknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #42
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Well if I read mine tracker differently, they put it on a truck or something Friday night. I'll imagine it rolled out Monday and stayed on the road all Tuesday. Maybe tonight it'll make it some where new to scan where it's at now.

>_< MADNESS!
It'll be here tomorrow at least and that's all it matters.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #43
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Well I've been watching the tracking of my parcel on UPS and saw that had cleared customs, So I thought maybe I'll get it today or tomorrow. I just checked the UPS site and the latest update had this:
"We attempted to deliver your item in GREAT BRITAIN at 2:15 PM on October 1, 2009."
Pretty strange as I've been in since 1 PM and two other people as well, I didn't get a (called but you were out) slip through the door either
I do hope they have the right address on the package I shall go down to my main post office and inquire tomorrow
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #44
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post
Well I've been watching the tracking of my parcel on UPS and saw that had cleared customs, So I thought maybe I'll get it today or tomorrow. I just checked the UPS site and the latest update had this:
"We attempted to deliver your item in GREAT BRITAIN at 2:15 PM on October 1, 2009."
Pretty strange as I've been in since 1 PM and two other people as well, I didn't get a (called but you were out) slip through the door either
I do hope they have the right address on the package I shall go down to my main post office and inquire tomorrow

Damn I hate that! It's happened to me at least twice when I had taken off work and was at home waiting!!!! Grrr!!
Old 10-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #45
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

I emailed Amy and had her change my shipping address to my work, so I'll receive it here. Then I'll just take the rest of the day off after that!