Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #31
UchihaNaru
Connoisseur
UchihaNaru is on a distinguished road

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
seems like there are quite a few problems that people are facing with pocket pro. hope mine has no problem... international shipping is pretty expensive =X

aside, I would just like to confirm what battery can replace the generic one?
UchihaNaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:02 PM   #32
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I dug around a bit about the battery, but never saw a definitive answer.

Certainly sounds like there might be some battery quality issues.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #33
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
I seem to be having the exact opposite experience with my PocketPro battery. My battery bar hasn't budged from full since I charged it up Monday night. I've done the firmware update, played around with the reader and loaded a few books to it & it's still on full.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #34
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Maybe your battery is the new one (that holds the charge for around the 8000 page turns )
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #35
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
I seem to be having the exact opposite experience with my PocketPro battery. My battery bar hasn't budged from full since I charged it up Monday night. I've done the firmware update, played around with the reader and loaded a few books to it & it's still on full.
That would mean that it is working as it should then.
If they are still using the 4 segment bar like the V3, it can take quite a bit of use to drop to 75%. I am using OpenInkpot on my V3, which has a percent meter instead of the bars. It sometimes takes me nearly a week to drop down to 90% using a Nokia BL-5C battery.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #36
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
It sure does! Have you opened it up and checked the battery connections yet?
yup, it seems fine, though the battery is covered with some kind of tape so I didn't check the connections on the actual battery, only on the connector
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #37
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I concur. Ship the sucker.

BTW. I am returning mine as well.....just too many niggling issues that I'm not feeling comfortable with..
I was thinking if I should have the fix it or just issue a refund
Old 09-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #38
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
My battery is working fine too. I charged it overnight and have been reading the EZPro for five hours now and it is still on 4 bars. Seems like you got a bad battery. Will Astak send you a replacement rather than returning the whole reader?
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:38 PM   #39
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
It seems the batteries are a crapshoot. you may very well get another lemon. I'd say your best bet is to go ahead and spend 10 bucks and order a name-brand battery. I plan on purchasing 2 batteries. This way, I'll have 2 extras, fully charged, for long trips. This will also be insurance against future battery failure.

In any case, I would not see this as being Astak's fault, not that anyone is claiming such. After all, Jinke decided to put cheap batteries in the devices. It's only fair to assume a crappy one would come through occasionally. Although it sucks when you're on the end of the crapstick.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #40
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
It seems the batteries are a crapshoot. you may very well get another lemon. I'd say your best bet is to go ahead and spend 10 bucks and order a name-brand battery. I plan on purchasing 2 batteries. This way, I'll have 2 extras, fully charged, for long trips. This will also be insurance against future battery failure.
Did Robertb ever post the specs on a replacement battery (Manufacturer and battery number/ID)?
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #41
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Did Robertb ever post the specs on a replacement battery (Manufacturer and battery number/ID)?

Not that I saw.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #42
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Thats what a few of us are waiting for, so we can go and buy some good ones
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #43
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
the 4 beeps happen even without battery (connected to power)...I don't think mrsquash was a simple depleted-battery issue
Without a battery is likely the equivalent of a dead battery. How would it know which it was?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #44
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
When I charged mine for the "12 hrs" I left the PEZ off. It showed a battery shadow on the screen while charging. When it was fully chargd the battery shadow changed to a diffeent shadow. That's how I knew it was charged.

I've had NO problems with my battery.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #45
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post

In any case, I would not see this as being Astak's fault, not that anyone is claiming such. After all, Jinke decided to put cheap batteries in the devices. It's only fair to assume a crappy one would come through occasionally. Although it sucks when you're on the end of the crapstick.
in my case, though it seems to be the battery, I saw issues even without the battery, so the safest bet was to send it back. In any way, I sent it back within the 140day return period and it should be accepted for a refund need it be.