Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #61
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarateMonkey View Post
I finally got through. They're sending me a shipping label.

How long do I have to wait to get it back. I can't go back to paper now. Maybe my wife will let me buy a Jetbook to cover me in the interim. Then when the Pocket Pro comes back we'll have a reader for each of us.
I have no idea about how long, Robert might can answer ??

They seem to be pretty swamped at the moment. My return is supposed to arrive there today and I'm trying to contact them about it, but no response. I have only sent email though, have not tried calling.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #62
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Idea about how long

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I have no idea about how long, Robert might can answer ??

They seem to be pretty swamped at the moment. My return is supposed to arrive there today and I'm trying to contact them about it, but no response. I have only sent email though, have not tried calling.
Dear Kennyc:

I am Business Development and a different team does Customer Service. IF I press them they get wrankled. If you call them they will merrily answer. Call: 1-866-368-8788

I can tell you that they have a large room filled with about 30 of every color that are tested and approved and have been overly scrutinized. Yes, they are busy... but not swamped. I would see it should be a quick turnaround; but call and let them tell you. My feeling is you will be pleasantly surprised!!

Everyone is aware of how frustrating it is to be without your device. We are not an Amazon or Sony and our size makes it far easier to react quickly!

Last edited by Robertb; 09-22-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #63
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Kennyc:

I am Business Development and a different team does Customer Service. IF I press them they get wrankled. If you call them they will merrily answer. Call: 1-866-368-8788

I can tell you that they have a large room filled with about 30 of every color that are tested and approved and have been overly scrutinized. Yes, they are busy... but not swamped. I would see it should be a quick turnaround; but call and let them tell you. My feeling is you will be pleasantly surprised!!

Everyone is aware of how frustrating it is to be without your device. We are not an Amazon or Sony and our size makes it far easier to react quickly!
Thanks Robert. I did get an Email from Amy, so I'm just standing by. I'm sure Ruby is going to think I'm crazy for returning it and then wanting it back.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #64
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarateMonkey View Post
I finally got through. They're sending me a shipping label.

How long do I have to wait to get it back. I can't go back to paper now. Maybe my wife will let me buy a Jetbook to cover me in the interim. Then when the Pocket Pro comes back we'll have a reader for each of us.
I have no idea, but they received mine yesterday, so I hope to hear from them soon.
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #65
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
We are not an Amazon or Sony and our size makes it far easier to react quickly!
I hope you didn't mean to imply that Amazon and Sony are slow to respond to customer needs. Amazon has great customer service and they respond very quickly. Kindle owners more often than not will have a replacement Kindle sent to them overnight rather than wait to see what the problem is with their unit (clarification: in those cases where the Kindle has to be sent in).

Now if you mean that an Astak customer can deal with the same CS rep throughout their issue, that would be a great thing to promote... personalized customer service!

Last edited by daffy4u; 09-22-2009 at 06:50 PM. Reason: clarification
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #66
SDRebel
Addict

I talked to Amy and she said mine might be sent back in two days, but she didn't know anything else..... I wished I would get it sooner.... I am tired of being without it.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #67
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Amazon and Sony fine and good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I hope you didn't mean to imply that Amazon and Sony are slow to respond to customer needs. Amazon has great customer service and they respond very quickly. Kindle owners more often than not will have a replacement Kindle sent to them overnight rather than wait to see what the problem is with their unit (clarification: in those cases where the Kindle has to be sent in).

Now if you mean that an Astak customer can deal with the same CS rep throughout their issue, that would be a great thing to promote... personalized customer service!
Dear daffy4u:

I NEVER will say anything bad again about my fellow purveyors of eBook Readers. I meant only that routinely there are advantages to not being so large. Because we are not answering 100-1000 calls a day we can be more customer oriented and move a little quicker. No, not a word of disparity from my hands. I was only saying that there SHOULD be an easier time as we should be more personable in getting answers. It is the nice part of being smaller! That is all I implied.

I am not too happy though with an answer like "it will be shipping within two days". I DO understand that anybody in Customer Service would like to not promise the moon and then disappoint. I think, likely, what Amy meant is that it may go a lot sooner but we commit to two days. We certainly will not drag our feet wasting your precious time... they are just trying to allow for a worst case.

We would all like to answer: "we'll have it out in two hours" but UPS only picks up the end of each day and there are other little emergencies that pop up. Our ladies do a lot more than just turn around product. Amy is a top technician, for example, and answers phone technical support. She has her Masters Degree and she writes a lot of technical specs and jargon for us too.

I am sure that it will be pushed hard to get it out to you!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #68
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I'm sure Ruby is going to think I'm crazy for returning it and then wanting it back.
You fell in love with all those little niggling things and didn't realize it!
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #69
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Dear daffy4u:

I NEVER will say anything bad again about my fellow purveyors of eBook Readers. I meant only that routinely there are advantages to not being so large. Because we are not answering 100-1000 calls a day we can be more customer oriented and move a little quicker. No, not a word of disparity from my hands. I was only saying that there SHOULD be an easier time as we should be more personable in getting answers. It is the nice part of being smaller! That is all I implied.

I am not too happy though with an answer like "it will be shipping within two days". I DO understand that anybody in Customer Service would like to not promise the moon and then disappoint. I think, likely, what Amy meant is that it may go a lot sooner but we commit to two days. We certainly will not drag our feet wasting your precious time... they are just trying to allow for a worst case.

We would all like to answer: "we'll have it out in two hours" but UPS only picks up the end of each day and there are other little emergencies that pop up. Our ladies do a lot more than just turn around product. Amy is a top technician, for example, and answers phone technical support. She has her Masters Degree and she writes a lot of technical specs and jargon for us too.

I am sure that it will be pushed hard to get it out to you!

we'll see how it goes. I'd certainly like to have it back in my hands pretty soon.....also, I would very much appreciate having the shipping back reimbursed, as everything else is getting a prepaid shipping label.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:34 AM   #70
KarateMonkey
Connoisseur
KarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litter

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
we'll see how it goes. I'd certainly like to have it back in my hands pretty soon.....also, I would very much appreciate having the shipping back reimbursed, as everything else is getting a prepaid shipping label.
Actually I'm paying shipping too. Apparently the guy I talked to in tech support didn't know company policy, or we misunderstood each other. I got a follow-up call last night and they gave me the shipping details.

Honestly, after a day without, I'm willing to pay the $10 to move the process along a couple days faster.
KarateMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:34 AM   #71
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
So, Robert... You talk with your hands? What a novel trick!!

griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #72
SDRebel
Addict

Amy just replied to my email and sent me the tracking number. She said they are shipping a new one because the old one was not repairable..... *waiting for my PP again*
Old 10-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #73
Joe999
Joe999 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ-Reader Pocket Pro
This happened to my mother's: To fix customer service told me to remove the battery and then plug in the device with the power adapter (not to the computer). The device then reset and i put the battery back in. The battery was dead. I have ordered her a new battery as the one that came with it would not hold a charge for more than a couple of hours.
Joe999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #74
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe999 View Post
This happened to my mother's: To fix customer service told me to remove the battery and then plug in the device with the power adapter (not to the computer). The device then reset and i put the battery back in. The battery was dead. I have ordered her a new battery as the one that came with it would not hold a charge for more than a couple of hours.

How were you able to order the battery and how much did it cost?
Old 10-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #75
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe999 View Post
why should you have to pay for a battery if it's PP? ....if the battery is dead already then it was a bad battery and should be covered under warranty.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help needed pocket pro