Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-02-2009, 04:00 AM   #106
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
It's Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) which puts those "logical page numbers" on there. It has nothing to do with the publisher or the ePub format, purely the "reader software", ADE in this case. Unfortunately, that seems to be the only ePub reader software that ebook manufacturers are including at this point.
The solution is to set a small right margin in the book. If you download any of the ePub books that I've uploaded here you'll find (I hope) that the page number does not overlap the book. I use a 13pt margin, which seems to be sufficient to achieve this.

In a DRM-free ePub book you can easily change the margin settings using Calibre.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #107
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Thanks Dale!

I never would have guessed it was that button to press! (especially since it isn't near the right side as mentioned). This forum is a great.
Yea, it can be a bit confusing. It is a logical choice given that the V5 has no volume control buttons. Of course when the V3 was designed they had no idea about the V5 so they didn't anticipate that the key might go away.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2009, 02:45 AM   #108
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So if the firmware ever gets to supporting hyperlinks, will there also be a back button? It sounds to me like the firmware was not well thought out/tested.

And the back button will be so powerful, it'll make my 505 go back.
After playing around with a HTML and a PDF I made with hyperlinks, I'm starting to agree with JSWolf here. I mean maybe I'm missing something, but the footnote/endnote links just aren't clickable.

This is... bad.
I so hope I'm just doing it wrong.

Last edited by Xerxes; 10-03-2009 at 06:51 AM.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote