Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #31
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I agree: sites forcing me to listen to musics/sounds I did not request are awful. I really cannot stand them.
About font sizes in pdf and epub: could we get many more sizes between the current size 1 and 3?
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #32
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyegeek View Post
From an email I just got from Astak support

"New FW (Support hyperlink on ePub) will be release in the next 2 days"

This is good news.
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56156
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #33
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The smallest ePub page size is way too small, which means that the largest size is a bit too small. This is still a big improvement on the original set of font sizes though.
I've just updated the firmware on my PP 5" and to be perfectly honest the smallest font size is to large in my opinion. It could definitely do with being smaller.

I've literally only picked it up from the Post Office Depot about 30 minutes ago (they claimed they'd tried to deliver it but I've been in the house all day waiting for it so I know they didn't) so I haven't had time to do much with it yet but after seeing everybody's comments about the font sizes I had to check them out.

I will be posting a review with pictures in a few days after I've had time to give it a good workout (I'm already liking it 100% more than my old Sony PRS-505).
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #34
Rolly
Rolly began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocker Pro
Robert,

After reading so many reviews of ebook readers, I finally decided to buy the Pocket Pro, however, it seems that there are still bugs in it after your announcement of a new firmware update. Anyway, my main concern in posting today is to inquire if there is a way that we can install a dictionary on a reader which doesn't have, like the Pocket Pro.

Your kind reply would be grealy appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Rolly; 09-11-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #35
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
I've just updated the firmware on my PP 5" and to be perfectly honest the smallest font size is to large in my opinion. It could definitely do with being smaller.

I've literally only picked it up from the Post Office Depot about 30 minutes ago (they claimed they'd tried to deliver it but I've been in the house all day waiting for it so I know they didn't) so I haven't had time to do much with it yet but after seeing everybody's comments about the font sizes I had to check them out.

I will be posting a review with pictures in a few days after I've had time to give it a good workout (I'm already liking it 100% more than my old Sony PRS-505).
Congrats! I hate it when that "we tried to deliver" thing happens!! Will look forward to your impressions!

Was the font size smaller BEFORE the upgrade?
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #36
Rolly

Intro on the Astak Website can be skipped. I think, other websites have the same style of intro. The only thing Astak has to do is to decrease the volume of said intro...it's quite loud, really.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #37
Rolly

Robert,

After reading so many reviews of ebook readers, I finally decided to buy the Pocket Pro, however, it seems that there are still bugs in it after your announcement of a new firmware update. Anyway, my main concern in posting today is to inquire if there is a way that we can install a dictionary on a reader which doesn't have, like the EZ Readers.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #38
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Congrats! I hate it when that "we tried to deliver" thing happens!! Will look forward to your impressions!

Was the font size smaller BEFORE the upgrade?
Yeah it's really annoying when they do that, it's not the first time it's happened. I think it's because all satellite navigation systems put my house in the middle of my street (the road is shaped like a 3 with the sat navs placing my house smack bang in the middle when it's actually at the very bottom of the curve).

To be honest I don't know if the fonts were smaller as the first thing I did was put the firmware upgrade on.

Couple of things I've noticed already is that hyperlinks work in the TOC for epubs, I haven't found any books with footnotes yet so haven't been able to test those.

Page turn response is very fast in comparison to the 505 (I got rid of that because the length of time the screen flashed black was just too distracting, this is imo hardly noticable on the PP).

The SD card slot is VERY tight it's a struggle to get the card in and out without quite a bit of force, this might be just peculiar to my particular unit it might just be very close on the tolerances.

Oh and this is just a personal thing but I hate the cover, it's just too bulky for me I like to read with one hand and it strains your fingers trying to hold the cover open, I guess I'm just used to reading with PDA's, so that's gonna go. I had the same problem with the 505 cover so it's not an Astak problem this one is a me problem

More thoughts later
Old 09-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #39
kennyc

Quote:

To be honest I don't know if the fonts were smaller as the first thing I did was put the firmware upgrade on.

Page turn response is very fast in comparison to the 505 (I got rid of that because the length of time the screen flashed black was just too distracting, this is imo hardly noticable on the PP).

Oh and this is just a personal thing but I hate the cover, it's just too bulky for me I like to read with one hand and it strains your fingers trying to hold the cover open, I guess I'm just used to reading with PDA's, so that's gonna go. I had the same problem with the 505 cover so it's not an Astak problem this one is a me problem

More thoughts later

I'll check the fonts on mine before/after the upgrade (unless someone here can already answer this??)

I'm glad to hear the page turn is faster....it is usable, but definitely slowish on the 505.

Looking at the cover kinda made me think what you are saying here....hmmm.

The cover on the 505 is "okay" with me is it more cumbersome than that?

More difficult to read one-handed than the 505?
Old 09-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #40
Mnementh
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Looking at the cover kinda made me think what you are saying here....hmmm.

The cover on the 505 is "okay" with me is it more cumbersome than that?

More difficult to read one-handed than the 505?
I'd say the cover on the 505 was probably easier to hold then the PP but the cover on the PP is imo much better quality, it just feels sturdier and better made. This is totally subjective and it's been a long time since I gave my 505 away so my memory may be a bit faulty in regards to this as I removed the cover on the 505 pretty much straight away.

I think the PP is easier to read one handed than the 505 from my first impressions (I'll know better when I try to read in bed tonight that will be the acid test for me), it's lighter and just feels better, I didn't really like the feel or the control layout of the 505. So far the PP just fit nicely, again though I'll know better tonight.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #41
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Dictionary coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
Robert,

After reading so many reviews of ebook readers, I finally decided to buy the Pocket Pro, however, it seems that there are still bugs in it after your announcement of a new firmware update. Anyway, my main concern in posting today is to inquire if there is a way that we can install a dictionary on a reader which doesn't have, like the Pocket Pro.

Dear Rolly:

A second firmware upgrade is due on Monday.

I wouldn't call them bugs... I think all new products with a brand new DRM format will need to be massaged a bit. What happens is that Adobe Digital Editions makes their format for numerous devices and then asks the factories to make their devices function adequately with their format. This is not always perfect the first time out of the box... but the DIFFERENCE is we are listening and making the changes very quickly.

The Dictionary is a very old cry on the Astak thread that was NOT listened to. This is my one shame! Now that we have the factory's ear... let me again bring up the need for the dictionary. I will not quit until it can be accomodated!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:58 PM   #42
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Lbook has it.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #43
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
Lbook has it.
The firmware or the dictionary???
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #44
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
Lbook has it.
Dictionary? In ePub (ADE)?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:03 PM   #45
kennyc

Quote:
I'd say the cover on the 505 was probably easier to hold then the PP but the cover on the PP is imo much better quality, it just feels sturdier and better made. This is totally subjective and it's been a long time since I gave my 505 away so my memory may be a bit faulty in regards to this as I removed the cover on the 505 pretty much straight away.

I think the PP is easier to read one handed than the 505 from my first impressions (I'll know better when I try to read in bed tonight that will be the acid test for me), it's lighter and just feels better, I didn't really like the feel or the control layout of the 505. So far the PP just fit nicely, again though I'll know better tonight.

Wonderful. Thank you for the reply. That sounds exactly like what I'm hoping for.