Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #61
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Love Dickens!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you'd like to distribute with your devices any of the "classics" that I've uploaded here to MR (eg my illustrated versions of Dickens), you are most welcome to do so.
Dear Harry:

I am a little slow this morning, I guess. Where can I find your uploaded illustrated versions? I DO want to put them on the devices. Absolutely!!

Also... I would like to use one of them as the standard start-up screen for all EZ Readers. Maybe we can insert a line or two of prose that makes one think? "Maybe the famous "MANKIND was my business" from A Christmas Carol?

Oh, Harry, you are so welcome!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #62
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Differences of BeBook to Pocket PRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobelby View Post
Hi RobertB,

That's good news. To help us global (ie non-US shoppers) can you confirm the differences between your pocket pro and the bebook mini are:

- custom firmware: ie yours will handle BOTH epub and ereader
- custom colors
- crush resistant leather case
- possibly cheaper price ?? USD vs EURO ??
Dear Mobelby:

I admit to knowing almost nothing about the actual BeBook Mini so I cannot really compare. I have looked online and they do not offer it in colours yet. I would think this BeBook will offer the same crush-resistent leather case. I THINK theirs will only offer Mobipocket (as Mobi is exclusive). I am confident that BeBook will do a great job of it.

The only thing I can add is support. They are in France and Astak is in North America. That is a major difference if something goes wrong, God forbid.
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #63
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Click the "E-Books" link on the blue bar at the top of the screen, select "Browse Latest uploads", then "Search E-Books". You'd need to download the Mobi version, then use Calibre to convert to ePub, which presumably is the format you'd want.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #64
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Where can I find your uploaded illustrated versions? I DO want to put them on the devices. Absolutely!!
Good morning Robert.

This is exactly what I have been suggesting here for the last two days ;-)

Scroll to the top of this page.
There is blue band with white text under the logo.
On the blue band you find E-Books link ...
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
FRY's does ship from FRY's.com.
Frys does not ship the EZ Reader from frys.com. If I want to buy an EZ Reader from Frys, I have to go to a store that has it in stock. And as there are no Frys stores nearby, I am out of luck should I want an EZ Reader from them.

http://www.frys.com/product/5834633?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 01:47 PM   #66
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
If you'd like to distribute with your devices any of the "classics" that I've uploaded here to MR (eg my illustrated versions of Dickens), you are most welcome to do so.
Dito for my uploads.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Dear NatCh:

We have sold roughly 5,000 units thru FRY's and that is a decent sample. However, Jinke and its other distributors in Europe and Asia have sold about 500,000 versions of what is the EZ Reader. That is a VERY representative sample to base reliability upon. We got into the unit well after the rest of the world had thoroughly tested it. The V3 is the number one seller in Europe.
You would have sold more then roughly 5,000 units via Frys if Frys actually shipped them via the website instead of in store purchases only.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #68
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Frys does not ship the EZ Reader from frys.com. If I want to buy an EZ Reader from Frys, I have to go to a store that has it in stock. And as there are no Frys stores nearby, I am out of luck should I want an EZ Reader from them.

How many times must this be explained? Fry's, as with all major online retailers, has a central hub dedicated to only online sales. This hub has it's own inventory. Also part of the original purchase from the maker were sent to stores. Stores do NOT fill internet orders. All major retailers work this exact same way. Smaller ones can often scarf up store stock to ship out but it is by far the exception...when Fry's runs out of warehouse stock then the device is no longer available for online purchase.

You can always try and call a Fry's in your region and ask if you can buy one if they have any on the shelf. No guarantee they will do this however.

Nowhere on the site does Fry's say they will not ship the device...it says they are currently cannot ship them for online orders. Yeah, Fry's wording could be a LOT better, but even a bit of thinking will answer the question, especially given the number of folks here who have mentioned buying one from Fry's online.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #69
Robertb

FRY's does not ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Dear JS:

I know only that FRY's.com has sent us P.O. for about 60 EZ Readers. If they do not ship then what can they do with these? I am NOT at all arguing with you. I just find this strange on FRY's part. Could it be (possibly) that FRY's.com ran out and is slow to process restocks when they get them. Gee, JS, I will try to find out.

I DO know that the EZ Reader Pocket PRO WILL be sold by Astak on www.goEZebook.com (under construction) and we DO ship!!

JS... let me know. Our price is $249 (plus freight) but I will be happy to sell you an EZ Reader and ship to you. I do not want you to experience problems. Call Walter at: 408-452-8788 and tell him that Robert B said to sell you an EZ Reader at $249 due to all the trouble you have had with FRY's not shipping!! That offer is for anyone of you who have had a problem buying.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #70
Robertb

I am hopeless!!

Quote:
Click the "E-Books" link on the blue bar at the top of the screen, select "Browse Latest uploads", then "Search E-Books". You'd need to download the Mobi version, then use Calibre to convert to ePub, which presumably is the format you'd want.
Dear Harry:

I searched under "HarryT" and "Dickens Illustrations" in Search E-Books". I admit this is all new to me. Can you just email them to me in jpeg, gif, bmp, or anything else? I am NOT good at this. I admit it! OK, maybe "thick as a brick".

I think I need lessons from Dale DePriest!!

Last edited by Robertb; 06-04-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:35 AM   #71
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hi Robert,

There are download links for all the Dickens books here

As I say, they are only available in Mobi, Sony, and RB formats; does your device support DRM-free Mobipocket format? If not, you'll need to use a tool like "Calibre" to convert them to ePub.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #72
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Dear JS:

Our price is $249 (plus freight) but I will be happy to sell you an EZ Reader and ship to you. I do not want you to experience problems. Call Walter at: 408-452-8788 and tell him that Robert B said to sell you an EZ Reader at $249 due to all the trouble you have had with FRY's not shipping!! That offer is for anyone of you who have had a problem buying.
Robertb,

I am waiting for the Pocket Pro (reserve mine in slate blue..), but I would also take advantage of this offer if the fireware supported at least adobe digital DRM, so I could read books I borrow from the library...

Any word on when a firmware upgrade for the Ez-reader so that it supports Adbobe digital DRM (might as well included e-reader drm)???
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #73
DG25
Enthusiast
DG25 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Dear DG25:

I agree that more pictures are needed. However, we do not even have the samples yet. Last night I received firm specs. Hopefully samples will arrive Friday.

Yes, I want pictures too. So far I have to gleam everything from online pics which are poor. Will ask for whole slew of pictures tonight but best ones will be when we get the samples.

Yes, a video would be good but we are always in discussion on that and we never get it done. I will try to get up a video when samples arrive.
Thanks for the answer, but how about dictionary support?
DG25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:43 PM   #74
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Cute Logo

RobertB,
Just check EZReader site and saw the new "under construction" page with the new logo.

I like the logo, it's cute.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #75
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
The logo may be a little to cute, if you ask me. It's not terrible but not great. It's also not a big deal. I am just excited to see the new site and this must mean we are at least a little closer.
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote