Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #211
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Well since they fixed the paint issue can't you get a new blue sent to you?
Call me superstitious, but I'd rather go with a color that has had no problems.

I only had the Pocket Pro for a few days and I sorely miss it. So I do not want to take a chance on another return...
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #212
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Call me superstitious, but I'd rather go with a color that has had no problems.

I only had the Pocket Pro for a few days and I sorely miss it. So I do not want to take a chance on another return...
The current selection of Blues are a brand new batch sent in. This batch was not rushed, and are identical in make to the black and whites.

Just thought I'd let you know.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 07:55 AM   #213
Morlac
Connoisseur
Morlac doesn't litterMorlac doesn't litter

Device: Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
The current selection of Blues are a brand new batch sent in. This batch was not rushed, and are identical in make to the black and whites.

Griffonwing -- when did Robertb say that this was a separate batch? I recall him saying that he had 40 in their conference room or something like that for observation that were perfect and not peeling. But I don't remember seeing a direct statement saying that these were not from the same production run. I inferred that he'd simply inspected their inventory and pulled out the ones that looked okay.

I'm not at all calling you a liar! But I find it difficult to believe that Astak would've been able to do all of the following in such a short time:

(a) get the factory to acknowledge the problem
(b) get the factory to figure out what went wrong with the first batch
(c) get the factory to prep and paint a new batch
(d) get the new batch "dried properly"
(e) get the dried new batch air-freighted to the US and past customs
(f) receive and inspect the new batch

Hope for everybody's sake that I'm wrong and that I just missed or misread a post somewhere along the way...
Morlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #214
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlac View Post
Griffonwing -- when did Robertb say that this was a separate batch? I recall him saying that he had 40 in their conference room or something like that for observation that were perfect and not peeling. But I don't remember seeing a direct statement saying that these were not from the same production run. I inferred that he'd simply inspected their inventory and pulled out the ones that looked okay.

I'm not at all calling you a liar! But I find it difficult to believe that Astak would've been able to do all of the following in such a short time:

(a) get the factory to acknowledge the problem
(b) get the factory to figure out what went wrong with the first batch
(c) get the factory to prep and paint a new batch
(d) get the new batch "dried properly"
(e) get the dried new batch air-freighted to the US and past customs
(f) receive and inspect the new batch

Hope for everybody's sake that I'm wrong and that I just missed or misread a post somewhere along the way...
a)
it was posted somewhere that Jinke did acknoledge the problem with the first batch of units. It's in this forum somewhere.

b)
They also knew what the problem was. They didn't prep the coloured units as much as they should have, nor did they let the units sit while the rubber coating completely cured. They were, after all, extremely rushed by Astak, and from what I have read elsewhere, Astak claimed responsibility in this matter.

c)
The first batch Astak received was not the only batches of color that was created. I am certain (unverifiable) that once the rushed units left the manufacturer, they could then concentrate on following protocol. How often have you rushed something, like cooking, only for the end product to look great, but taste too salty as you accidentally put in 2 cups of salt instead of sugar? In the rush, they simply miscalculated somewhere. It's my opinion they they skipped the step of sanding the slick varnished-type coating for the rubber to adhere to.

d)
The second batch was most likely being started/processed at a normal rate when the first units were being shipped to the customers. And, following protocol, every step was then followed.

e)
Once it passes customs, it passes. The only times that Customs will call a hold is if the units colour changes. They never checked the paint for the black/white units, as they had already done that long ago. At least, I would think it would be a horrible system to actually check every new batch of every product that China sends over here.

f)
Robert has already said that for the last 2-3 weeks they have been examining and laying out coloured devices. They are inspecting these every day with no problems. I would expect no difference with the new batch.

Also, read about the others who have replaced their coloured units with the same type. They have experienced no problems with their new replacement.
As for where I read about a second batch, I am not exactly certain. It may have been mentioned in a post here, it might have been in a PM from RobertB or in an email from Amy. It may just not be 'official' news yet, as they want to ensure top priority for replacements.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #215
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Actually some manga come in books slightly smaller than 5 inches. So you maybe able to get away with it. I'm hoping at least.

3 months later they do.
After they seriously botched the sale. No way I would suggest anyone buy anything from Fry's.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #216
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
After they seriously botched the sale. No way I would suggest anyone buy anything from Fry's.
Pfft. Love love love Fry's. Going in Fry's is like home. What sale are you referring to?
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #217
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post

I know they are a new batch, but........
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #218
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Pfft. Love love love Fry's. Going in Fry's is like home. What sale are you referring to?
The past sale that had a rebate.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #219
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The past sale that had a rebate.
I'm going to Fry's today to take advantage of a sale.

The have the 6" EZReader for $149. After a $30 rebate.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote