Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-05-2015, 03:54 PM   #16
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
alain_desilets, I am sorry you are having all these issues! The unit is not cheap and it must be frustrating.

I have the M92 myself, and due to a few lapses in support and other issues, I have been very reluctant to look at the M96 as a replacement. As you usage seems very nigh to my own needs (I mainly read on-line news and articles, with the occasional book), I am thankful that you have pointed out the shortcomings in relation to web browsing.

I wonder if it would not be possible to improve your experience by installing a different browser, e.g. Palemoon (an 'old style' version of Firefox); or is that just too heavy to run/not adapted well enough for e-ink?
(I am, of course, unaware which is the stock browser used. If indeed similar to the one used on M92, I can certainly see why you would be unhappy!)

Cheers!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote